[Day 26 - Early Evening] Summoning the Ancestors

Scenes occurring in locations near and around Shiro Mirumoto and Two Heavens Village.
Doji Arami

[Day 26 - Early Evening] Summoning the Ancestors

Postby Doji Arami » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:40 am

Fragrant and resplendent, Doji Arami makes the hike up the mountain with the shugenja he had gathered for the ritual. It is cold but they are in an open area where there is no warding.

He hopes that this effort bears fruit, for the sake of the Empire.
Last edited by Doji Arami on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Akodo Zetsubou

Re: [Day 26 - Early Evening] Summoning the Ancestors

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:02 pm

On a wide plateau upon the mountain is where Akodo Zetsubou has decided to preform the ritual.

In each corner, large braziers warm and cast shadows throughout the mountainside. In the center, two large circles with a square in the center have been created with some powder and odd writing encompasses the circles. Those familiar with the realms will note the writing refers to Meido and Yomi. In the exact center, upon a pedestal, rests an over-sized censer, white incense clouds cascade out to the floor.

Around the edges of the plateau are nine pedestals draped in white silk. Each set consists of a larger pedestal and a smaller pedestal. On the larger of the two pedestals is a clay icon with the symbol of the clan and on the smaller stand are clay icons with the mons of the major families in each Clan. In front of those stands sit a small, perhaps sized for kneeling next to, pedestal with a small bowl filled with a lotus flower, and sake. In the center, one pedestal stands, without a bowl, It carries the symbol of the Iweko Family.

On the eastern side stands a basin of water.Wearing an ancient outfit of white and red, Akodo Zetsubou sits in a seiza position, his eyes closed, meditating on the tasks to come.
Loyal-Lion-Golden Lion Eyes-Red Hair-Shugenja
Soul of Doji Nagori, Daidoji Mikado, and Seppun Teshan
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:43 pm

Tetsu arrives on the plateau, while not being able to help with the ritual itself he stands ready to assist and stand guard.
Lion - Tactician - soul of Akodo Yama

I am a Lion, hear my roar "Rawr" ='w'=
Bio & appearance

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Kakita Karasu follows Arami. He stands with Tetsu.

Karasu adjusts the pistol that is now where his flute had been all court. He is still trying to get used to wearing it again after not having it for around 3 weeks. But he oddly looks complete.
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Akodo Tetsu wrote:....

Janisha arrives on the Plateau, hoping that this will help, that guidance from the Ancestors could repair the seals.

A small part of her worried that she shouldn't be here, that as the stones aligned and the path she walked got narrower and narrower, she would draw the attention of the darker ancestors and taint the ritual.

But surely Zetsubou would have said something.

As she spies Tetsu, Janisha approaches him and bows, a small smile on her face, although she is nervous. She had hoped to write him, to seek to know what the Lion and Bushido said of Zogeku now, to see just how hard the task of future courteirs was now. But, if he had a moment, if his duties on this day gave him a moment to talk, she would gladly take it.
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Kibo has been here, no taiko drums for him to play this night, he simply meditates near his brother. Perhaps there was something else that he could do. He wasn't sure if it worked like that, but to be honest the sensation was entirely new to him.

He did what he could to project calm and confidence through whatever link connects him to his brother. If more was needed later, so be it.
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:57 pm

Zetsubou stops his meditations, and looks to his brother. He would smile, but what he is about to say is not light hearted. He hands hom a necklace of large topaz gems, all with personal mons. "Brother, what I do here tonight will be somewhat similar, but the differences are profound. In order to call ancestors from father back in Yomi, the path has been made wider, the ritual longer. I will be within the opening between realms. Do you understand what that means?"
I know my family's ancestors, every one, back to the beginning..would you like me to tell you what they think of you?

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Kibo nods, not in complete understanding but in acceptance. "The drain will be significant, yes?" He asks, "I remember the chest, the letter. But I have a different question, what did you see a week ago, that morning after the Unicorn wedding?"
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Akodo Zetsubou

Postby Akodo Zetsubou » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:17 pm

He shakes his head. "No, you misunderstand. Yes the drain will be greater, but I will be connecting those realms to our realms. I will be in Yomi, Meido, and Ningen do at the same time."

He stares in his brothers eyes so he comprehends. "I can get eaisly get lost, and lose the connection to here. " He looks at the necklace. "Normally, this ritual is done with the Taiko drums and other Sodan Senzo, as they help the connection stay stable, yet, getting one up here would be a nightmare.

So, this necklace is our familys personal mons. I have infused them. That, with the connection between us I noticed on the morning after the wedding, should be enough. We are conne6twd by the strands of fate. It allows some advantages, and some familiar connections. This I will need, for you are my anchor to this realm."

He pauses. "Is that clearer now, I need to make sure you undrrstand your role. Tetsu sama and Karasu sama can protect us, you must stay focused."

He stops and smiles. "It seems fate decided we really are brothers, after all. Not bad for a monster, eh?"
Last edited by Akodo Zetsubou on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:18 pm

This is very touching.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Return to “Other Nearby Locations”