[Day 21 - EM] Bokkens Before Breakfast (Open, Archery and Armor Edition?)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Shosuro Megumi

Re: [Day 21 - EM] Bokkens Before Breakfast (Open, Archery and Armor Edition?)

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:She sits and continues watching for a few moments longer.

"What is your purpose in training? Do you expect to defend Kaiu-san's honor in the future?"

"That is part of it, yes. He is not a duelist, another part is that I simply enjoy swordplay." Megumi looks away. "And lastly because of what happened with Inaho-sama. If he got his duel I would have had to rely on you to risk your life, or find someone outside of the Clan. I am your mother. I should be risking my life for you, not the other way around..."
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Shosuro Megumi wrote:"I am your mother. I should be risking my life for you, not the other way around..."

Kazusa remains silent for a while, watching Megumi continue to practice the technique.

"What you say is true", she says after some time. "Yet what is also true is that we are both samurai. We take what is given us, the choice in the matter is what perspective we can offer to make it bearable."

A long and thoughtful pause.

"Though I can understand your feelings on the matter."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:A long and thoughtful pause.

"Though I can understand your feelings on the matter."

"We can also work to shield our children from our burdens and our sins. To face them ourselves and make them right. This war has lasted near to two decades and my generation has made yours inherit it. This is what I can never forgive. Not those that started it, not Nitoshi-dono for waiting so long to spring his trap, not any of us who have failed so far to end it."
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Shosuro Megumi wrote:"We can also work to shield our children from our burdens and our sins. To face them ourselves and make them right. This war has lasted near to two decades and my generation has made yours inherit it. This is what I can never forgive. Not those that started it, not Nitoshi-dono for waiting so long to spring his trap, not any of us who have failed so far to end it."

Kazusa considers her mother's words. She takes a breath and lets it out slowly.

"Everything comes in it's own time", she says eventually. "There is a moment to await, and though it may seem as if it never comes, it will. It is up to us to recognize it, and act without regret." She smiles, there is nothing bitter about it, but something perhaps a little sad there.

"This is the basic lesson of Iaido."
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:40 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"This is the basic lesson of Iaido."

Megumi smiles at her daughter. "It is indeed rather sad."

Soon I have all I need to act. The prayer to Shahai and the Tear. It is so tempting to try and make a bargain. So very tempting to try and see if she can come out on top.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Shosuro Megumi wrote:Megumi smiles at her daughter. "It is indeed rather sad."

"It is our life", she says. She lets out a breath and shakes her head. "I am being too heavy with my words, pay me no mind, hahaoya."

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:14 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"It is our life", she says. She lets out a breath and shakes her head. "I am being too heavy with my words, pay me no mind, hahaoya."

Megumi steps closer and touches her daughter lightly on the arm.

"Choujo, not just you, I fear. We should do something enjoyable together. Soon." She attempts a bright smile. "You are always welcome, you know. Have you ever enjoyed a hookah? It's a water-pipe..."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:21 pm

"I know precisely what it is", she says with the shake of her head, and a bit of a smile. "I've been told stories by my sensei who went to the Sands himself, and I've seen them on Teardrop Island...and in your yurt." She smirks.

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:41 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"I know precisely what it is", she says with the shake of her head, and a bit of a smile. "I've been told stories by my sensei who went to the Sands himself, and I've seen them on Teardrop Island...and in your yurt." She smirks.

Megumi grins. "Well, what can I say? A bad habit I picked up from my cousin back in the day. We were considered rather wild and scandalous. Still, consider this an invitation to check your sensei's stories..."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:46 pm

Shosuro Megumi wrote:Megumi grins. "Well, what can I say? A bad habit I picked up from my cousin back in the day. We were considered rather wild and scandalous. Still, consider this an invitation to check your sensei's stories..."

"I would much rather follow up on the cooking offer you gave me", she says. "Though I am not opposed to any other entertainment afterward. Your yurt or my suite? Say the day after tomorrow in the afternoon?"

Return to “Dojo Interior”