[Day 22 - EM] - Bokkens Before Breakfast (Iaijutsu edition)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Tsuruchi Mao

Re: [Day 22 - EM] - Bokkens Before Breakfast (Iaijutsu edition)

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:31 am

Yasuki Yamase wrote:She waves a hand about the dojo. "You seek to improve, even from those you have reason to think of as enemy. I have seen and spoken to many leaders, despite my youth. The best of them do the same, in a world where there is daily new firsts. I have not seen the same from any others of your clan competing."

Mao bowed, truly humbled.

"I can only hope I live you to your image of me, Yasuki-san."
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Yasuki Yamase

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:37 am

"I will take the moment that we are equal to hope that there is more then that to hope for, Tsuruchi-san. A lot of oni to eradicate first. But the Crab should be proud to fight alongside the Mantis." She bows low.

"Though in my case, in order to fight as an ally, I expect I will be in front of, rather then alongside yourself."
Bushi * Crab Clan * Kuge * 1213 Topaz Champion * Iron Scales of the Carp

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:42 am

Yasuki Yamase wrote:"I will take the moment that we are equal to hope that there is more then that to hope for, Tsuruchi-san. A lot of oni to eradicate first. But the Crab should be proud to fight alongside the Mantis." She bows low.

"Though in my case, in order to fight as an ally, I expect I will be in front of, rather then alongside yourself."

The Tsuruchi smirked.

"You know your place, I know mine. That's why we're good at what we do. If your vote of confidence pays off, rest assured I will do all I can to make sure as many people survive this war as possible."
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Yasuki Yamase

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:48 am

She nods in return.

"It is why we train. Carry the Fortunes, Tsuruchi-san. They don't always carry themselves." She bows again, clanking a bit, before moving back to train again for the few minutes that remained to her.
Bushi * Crab Clan * Kuge * 1213 Topaz Champion * Iron Scales of the Carp

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:10 am

Shosuro Megumi wrote:Megumi inclines her head in acknowledgement.

"Hardly a novice at the blade. And I'm an experienced shugenja, favored by the Air Kami, oh, and a courtier. It is just a matter of bringing all these pieces together and gain experience at the specific techniques.

And I can not complain about my teachers, of course..."

"When you put it like that, I am less inclined to question my training in the art." He begins to think back over their little dance. "Once you begin to improve you iaijutsu technique, with such blessings weighing in your advantage, you will be a formidable opponent. For most, it takes years of dedication to gain some level of mastery. With the gifts you have, and with a patient mind, you may achieve in a couple of years, perhaps only in months, what takes many a decade or more."
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:20 am

Suzume Kenichi wrote:"When you put it like that, I am less inclined to question my training in the art." He begins to think back over their little dance. "Once you begin to improve you iaijutsu technique, with such blessings weighing in your advantage, you will be a formidable opponent. For most, it takes years of dedication to gain some level of mastery. With the gifts you have, and with a patient mind, you may achieve in a couple of years, perhaps only in months, what takes many a decade or more."

"I admit I regret not studying the Art earlier. It is the same with meditating, another field I have taken up with some enthusiasm in my time in the lands of the Dragon Clan. Both of these disciplines I feel excel at bringing its students to the here and now, which brings me great peace of mind. Something I find I am at times in great need of."

She smiles and takes up her stance again, intent on continuing her exercises.

"So, thank you for that gift, Kenichi-san! You are most kind."
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Return to “Dojo Interior”