[Day 22 - EM] - Bokkens Before Breakfast (Iaijutsu edition)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Shiba Michio

[Day 22 - EM] - Bokkens Before Breakfast (Iaijutsu edition)

Postby Shiba Michio » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Shiba Michio arrives from walking up the mountain path. He sets aside his heavy outer robe and daisho at the door. Kneeling at the edge of the mats, he allows himself a moment to focus before the others arrive.
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Suzume Kenichi

Re: [Day 22 - EM] - Bokkens Before Breakfast (Iaijutsu edition)

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Kenichi arrives and goes through the usual rituals before placing his daisho on the stand. Before he picks up a bokken, he turns and bows to Michio and produces something from his sleeve.

"I managed to find one. I hope you will accept this small token of gratitude for your interest, and indeed, for the training you have provided in the dojo. It is no great thing, but hopefully you will remember the fellowship of a keen student at the dojo here in the mountains of the Dragon."

The object he has produced is a sling.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Michio looks up, his on breaking to allow a delighted smile to cross his face before returning to his usual stoic expression. "You do me great honor, Suzume-san, but I have done only what brothers do."

(OOC - First refusal. :-) )
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:27 pm

"On the contrary, Shiba-sama, you have been a teacher not only of the sword but of the spirit. The bringing together of our kata group was a demonstration of the unity we need to show as an Empire. Such a service warrants a better reward than I have been able to offer, but I would hope it is some small gesture at least."
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Yamada arrives at the dojo, wanting to get some practice in before the tournament tomorrow.

[OOC: Quote or PM if you want to duel, just wanted to post before bed]
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:42 pm

"Is it not the duty of a samurai to share the wisdom of those who have come before? It was I who was honored that you gave the gift of your time to recreate my grandfather's work."
"This is a start."

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:48 pm

Mao entered the dojo bearing a tiny raincloud. Her delegation head, a man she had great respect for, was made to shave his head in order to spare a less worthy man, and now, the Mantis had to field someone for dueling. In case it was her, Mao needed to practice.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:"Is it not the duty of a samurai to share the wisdom of those who have come before? It was I who was honored that you gave the gift of your time to recreate my grandfather's work."

"There are many who neglect their duty. But if you will not accept this gift for offering us the benefit of your wisdom, then simply accept it as a gift from one friend to another and a memento of this Winter Court."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:54 pm

"Then I accept." Michio takes the sling and bows low. "I have something for you as well."

He walks over to where he hung his outer robes. From a satchel he worn under them, he produces a scroll. "A recording of the five-man kata we performed together." He offers it to Kenichi.
"This is a start."

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Kenichi peruses the scroll.

"Ah yes, I remember you mentioning this. The transcription of the kata. Our Akodo friend's work?"

Return to “Dojo Interior”