[Day 23 - EM] Bokkens Before Breakfast (Iaijutsu Pt. 2)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Shiba Michio

[Day 23 - EM] Bokkens Before Breakfast (Iaijutsu Pt. 2)

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:47 pm

Shiba Michio arrives from his early morning travels up the long, winding path. He sets aside his outer robe and daisho at the door, along with several small sacks heavy sacks and several pieces of thick silk. After a moment he takes up a bokken and begins a slow, deliberate kata unlike the others he has performed before - full of sudden stops and starts, twists and weaving footwork.
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Suzume Kenichi

Re: [Day 23 - EM] Bokkens Before Breakfast (Iaijutsu Pt. 2)

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:00 pm

As has so often been the way, Kenichi is next to arrive. After going through the usual rituals, he pauses to watch the Shiba for a while, taking note of this apparent alteration in routine.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:18 pm

Michio finishes and salutes the empty air. "Have you had rice today, Kenichi-san?"
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:Michio finishes and salutes the empty air. "Have you had rice today, Kenichi-san?"

"Hai, I am well, arigato. You appear to be moving differently today. A new kata?"
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Suzume Kenichi wrote:"Hai, I am well, arigato. You appear to be moving differently today. A new kata?"

Michio shakes his head. "Iie. A new way of seeing the ten waza. I was contemplating what we created together and seeing if I could duplicate some of those insights."
"This is a start."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:Michio shakes his head. "Iie. A new way of seeing the ten waza. I was contemplating what we created together and seeing if I could duplicate some of those insights."

Kousuda enters, wearing a fur-lined long coat. Beneath he wears simpler clothing than his regular court regalia. Clothing more suited for activity. He sees the other two, and approaches Michio, having promised to teach him how to use a sling.

Kousuda bows, waiting to be acknowledged.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Ide Kousuda wrote:Kousuda bows, waiting to be acknowledged.

Michio bows low to the Ide. "Ide-sama. Thank you for coming."

Including Kenichi in the circle of conversation. "Kenishi-san, Utaku-san directed me to Ide-sama in regards to the question of slings." He nods to the sacks in the corner.
"This is a start."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:40 pm

From deeper in the dojo comes the Soshi, she brings water and sets it down. "Fortunes blessings, all", she says and bows, leaving the ladle set carefully on top. "I am pleased you have all arrived, do your best today." She goes picks up a pair of bokken, leaving the other in her obi as she practices her draw and two step strike.
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:Michio bows low to the Ide. "Ide-sama. Thank you for coming."

"Of course, Shiba-san . We're to practice on those sacks, then?"
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Having neglected practice for too many days, Kibo arrives at the dojo rested, if a bit distracted. He nods in greeting to all that are present, then taking up a shinai begins moving through a kata.

The kata itself seems to flow on its own, a set of strikes and stances that flow without thought or conscious action. For the moment, he is lost in movement and meditation, allowing the kata to move for him.
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Return to “Dojo Interior”