[Day 24 - EM] Bokkens Before Breakfast

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Shiba Michio

[Day 24 - EM] Bokkens Before Breakfast

Postby Shiba Michio » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Shiba Michio enters the dojo once again, taking a moment to ensure all is in readiness for the others. His chores completed, he sinks into sezia to consider the matters at hand.
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Suzume Kenichi

Re: [Day 24 - EM] Bokkens Before Breakfast

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:33 pm

Kenichi arrives and goes through the motions. He bows to Michio. "Good morning, Shiba-sama. How are you today?"
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Tsuruchi Mao entered, bowing respectfully to the previous occupants. She took up a bokken and began practicing the draw Karasu had taught her.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:37 pm

Kenichi returns the bow. He watches for a moment as Mao goes through the draw.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:38 pm

Suzume Kenichi wrote:Kenichi arrives and goes through the motions. He bows to Michio. "Good morning, Shiba-sama. How are you today?"

"Good Morning, Suzume-sama. And please, we have trained together for nearly a month, it is Michio between us."

He focuses upon the second question. "I wish there was more time."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:
Suzume Kenichi wrote:Kenichi arrives and goes through the motions. He bows to Michio. "Good morning, Shiba-sama. How are you today?"

"Good Morning, Suzume-sama. And please, we have trained together for nearly a month, it is Michio between us."

He focuses upon the second question. "I wish there was more time."

"Of course, and you must call me Kenichi then." He smiles. Then he contemplates Michio's desire for more time. "For court, to get to know new friends better, or for something more specific?"

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Michio watches Mao's movements, then turns his left hand over on his lap, palm up, hand open. "I am weary of Court. But here, where we have had time to dedicate ourselves to our Way, this I am not weary of. I am weary of time's passage and the conflicts I know are coming. What time we have had must be enough. But I fear it is not and so fall close to regret."
"This is a start."

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:Michio watches Mao's movements, then turns his left hand over on his lap, palm up, hand open. "I am weary of Court. But here, where we have had time to dedicate ourselves to our Way, this I am not weary of. I am weary of time's passage and the conflicts I know are coming. What time we have had must be enough. But I fear it is not and so fall close to regret."

Kenichi nods in agreement. "This time where we gather staves off many inevitabilities for a short space of time, but we must all face our fate. That we do so without a heavy heart would be a difficult thing to ask."

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Strike.

"It sounds to me like you're being weighed down by missed opportunities," Mao interjected softly. "I learned long ago not to stress about what has already come to pass. And, this may sound awful, but I also learned to stop hoping."

Strike.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:Strike.

"It sounds to me like you're being weighed down by missed opportunities," Mao interjected softly. "I learned long ago not to stress about what has already come to pass. And, this may sound awful, but I also learned to stop hoping."

Strike.

So positive and so negative in one breath.

"You strike me as one who trusts to skill and judgement rather than hope, Tsuruchi-Sama, but there are times where we must trust the heavens or hold true to hope, in my experience at least."

Return to “Dojo Interior”