[Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - Judge's Circle

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Togashi Gozato

[Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - Judge's Circle

Postby Togashi Gozato » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:35 pm

The interior of the Iron Mountain Dojo has been well-lit by three large braziers and several candles to provide sufficient illumination despite the winter darkness. Standing screens dictating the life and achievements of Mirumoto stand between the main floor of the dojo and the walls. A small, raised area with cushions have been set up for the judges where they can easily observe the participants.

As the judges gather, competitors are welcome to demonstrate their skill.
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Togashi Gozato

Re: [Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - Judge's Circle

Postby Togashi Gozato » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Ensuring the final pieces are in place, Togashi Gozato takes a seat, crossed legged, among the judges area. He is wrapped in his heavy woolen robe, and carries with him a fan today. As it folds out, it reveals a beautifully drawn chrysanthemum in the style of an abstract ink calligraphy. Beneath it is a single word: "Sensei".

Gozato holds the fan lightly, with an obvious affection, as he gives the nod to the students for the tournament to begin and for the competitors and judges to be let in.
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Gozato is joined by Kenichi who bows low to the esteemed monk. He seats himself as directed and waits for the other judges to arrive and the display to begin.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Ona joins the judge's circle as a represantitive of the Scorpion. She bows to both the monk and the samurai and kneels next to them awaiting for the demonstration.
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Mirumoto Hatsuto

Postby Mirumoto Hatsuto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:30 pm

Mirumoto Hatsuto bows to and joins the already assembled judges. Taking a seat befitting his station, he turns to Gozato and says, "I hope you don't mind if I help, Gozato-san."
Master Sensei of Iron Mountain

“If my enemy strikes first, kill him. If I strike my enemy first, kill him, If we strike at once, kill him. But are you my enemy?”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Iuchi Hiroshige

Postby Iuchi Hiroshige » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:40 am

Hiroshige joins the others who are ready to judge the event, bowing to each already present before taking a seat himself.
Unicorn Clan • Shugenja • Artisan • Poet • Retired Explorer • Philosopher • Scholar • Grandfather
As of D21, Jade Magistrate.

Kaiu Oda

Postby Kaiu Oda » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:38 am

Oda bows to the other judges already present then takes a seat.
Crab Clan * The Iron Mask * Delegation Head * Veteran * Commander * Siege * No Left Eye * No Left Arm * Disturbing Countenance

-If the bird won't sing kill it.-

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:24 am

A monk wearing green approaches but does not enter the judges' enclosure, bowing low before Gozato. "Togashi-sama," he begins, "the Mantis Clan of Rokugan and Zogeku are unable to attend this event due to a most urgent engagement elsewhere. I pass on their most sincere apologies; they dearly would have wished to be here were they able."
Midori

Monk • Experienced Yoritomo Waito

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:55 pm

Doji Arami bows to all who deserve one, and takes his seat as the representative judge of the noble Crane.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Mirumoto Hatsuto wrote:"I hope you don't mind if I help, Gozato-san."

"We are honored by your presence, Mirumoto-sensei," states Togashi Gozato in a deep bow from his seated position. There is pain in his eyes as he straightens, but he gestures for Hatsuto to take the seat of honor reserved for him as the head sensei of the dojo.
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Return to “Dojo Interior”