[Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - Judge's Circle

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Suzume Kenichi

Re: [Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - Judge's Circle

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Kenichi bows to each new arrival as they join the judging panel, and follows Gozato's lead in showing great reverence to the Mirumoto-sensei with a deep bow.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 am

With the completion of the 8th demonstration, Togashi Gozato shifts forward to consult with the judges.

"We are fortunate," he offers. "Eight is the most auspicious number for a tournament such as this. As eight is the number of the kami, it affords us the ability to grant equal honor to all who have demonstrated. Are there any objections?"
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Mirumoto Hatsuto

Postby Mirumoto Hatsuto » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:04 am

"I see none to speak of. And all of you?"
Master Sensei of Iron Mountain

“If my enemy strikes first, kill him. If I strike my enemy first, kill him, If we strike at once, kill him. But are you my enemy?”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:10 am

With no objection presented, the pairings commence. The first two pass with clear victors. It is the the third where the rare occurs: a truly kharmic strike.

Togashi Gozato allows time for either competitor to honorably withdraw from the competition, before turning towards the other judges.

"Akodo Kibo-sama demonstrated superior technique during the demonstration of his kata," offers Gozato simply, speaking quietly. "But the strike of MIrumoto Kyoshiro-sama showed greater precision in the duel. What are your thoughts, my fellow judges? Who is the more worthy competitor?"

The elder ise zumi pauses at that, and considers.

"If we are to keep to the truest means, if neither withdraws, then they should both be eliminated."
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Iuchi Hiroshige

Postby Iuchi Hiroshige » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:28 am

Hiroshige watches the demonstrations and then the first matches with interest. When the kharmic strike occurs, he seems truly impressed.

"I am no expert on the art of iai, Togashi-sama, and while there is certainly something to be said for the efforts shown during a demonstration, I think in matters such as these, a realm where life and death may ultimately hang on fulfilling the promise of the demonstration by following through with the act, I would fall on the side of the one who performs better in practice."

He looks to the two competitors, measuring each.

"Akodo-sama has performed quite well, but I believe Mirumoto-sama has the edge, if only slightly. Still, a spectacular effort on both their parts."
Unicorn Clan • Shugenja • Artisan • Poet • Retired Explorer • Philosopher • Scholar • Grandfather
As of D21, Jade Magistrate.

Kaiu Oda

Postby Kaiu Oda » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:40 am

Oda closes his eye to consider. "Precision is key to a duelist's art, but timing is also of vital importance. Barring a withdrawal I feel a double elimination is the only proper outcome."
Crab Clan * The Iron Mask * Delegation Head * Veteran * Commander * Siege * No Left Eye * No Left Arm * Disturbing Countenance

-If the bird won't sing kill it.-

Mirumoto Hatsuto

Postby Mirumoto Hatsuto » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:12 am

Looking away from the other judges, Hatsuto notices Kyoshiro's withdrawal. "It appears our decision has been made. Akodo-san, you shall advance to the next round."
Master Sensei of Iron Mountain

“If my enemy strikes first, kill him. If I strike my enemy first, kill him, If we strike at once, kill him. But are you my enemy?”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:16 pm

"This is a just decision."

Now to see the glory of the Kakita in the last round.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:43 am

And the Kakita indeed brings glory to the Crane once more.

Arami exults at Karasu's victory and allows himself a satisfied smile.
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Mirumoto Hatsuto wrote:Looking away from the other judges, Hatsuto notices Kyoshiro's withdrawal. "It appears our decision has been made. Akodo-san, you shall advance to the next round."

Turning his attention towards the master sensei of the Iron Mountain Dojo, Togashi Gozato lowers his head.

"Mirumoto-sama, it would be my honor if you were to announce the winner of the tournament, and provide him the due accolades."

With that, Gozato extends his hand holding the fan to Mirumoto Hatsuto to take.
Togashi Gozato
Benten's Blessing

Return to “Dojo Interior”