[Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - General Gallery (Open)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Soshi Kazusa

Re: [Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - General Gallery (Open)

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:22 pm

Gyushi Dotai wrote:He turns to watch the match as well, "Also thank you for your part in the future despite your obvious dislike of me. I hope we can work together well in said future."

"Personal feelings don't belong in the decision making process in determining what is best for your clan, Gyushi-san", Kazusa replies simply. "Thank you for the delivery, it was received. If you have words to give on it's properties, I am more than willing to listen. It is a great honor as you have given much of yourself to the task."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Gyushi Dotai

Postby Gyushi Dotai » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:30 pm

He chuckles, "It was commissioned by Emma-O Soshi-san. I'm just glad they are being well received by their wearers or the parents of their wearers. Odokasu-poketto has always felt like he was a stoic man watching everything and everyone around him. I'll not spoil your fun getting to know him but I will clue you in that he has over thirty pockets on him and only one of them is visible to the eye."
Emerald Spider * Courtier * Armour-smith * Uninvited * Benten's Blessing * Dangerous Beauty Soul of Gyushi Kageto
Description

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:33 pm

"A proper description point for an item destined for many things", she nods. "Now hush, the match is starting."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Gyushi Dotai

Postby Gyushi Dotai » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:44 pm

He smiles and nods.
Emerald Spider * Courtier * Armour-smith * Uninvited * Benten's Blessing * Dangerous Beauty Soul of Gyushi Kageto
Description

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:04 pm

Yamada waited for the fight to begin. Yukari winning would be a real boon. She noticed Haihime was also there.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:50 am

Well, Kyoumi cheers for Karasu. Even if Michio glares at her.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:53 am

Yukari glanced at the shrieking Crane as she returned to the stands.

I thought you were the ones obsessed with Etiquette? Don't sully your cousin's victory with a lack of dignity.

But it would be just as rude to call attention to it, so she simply took her seat beside Haihime and mediated upon her two new wounds.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Gyushi Dotai

Postby Gyushi Dotai » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:59 am

Dotai raised a eyebrow but was otherwise silent.
Description

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:03 am

Michio bows to Yukari, not the low bow of a courtier but the upright bow of a bushi acknowledging another's worth. His bow to Karasu is lower, as is appropriate under the circumstance.
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:04 am

Kibo bows to both competitors as they return to the gallery. A good showing by both.
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Return to “Dojo Interior”