[Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - General Gallery (Open)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Ide Kousuda

Re: [Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - General Gallery (Open)

Postby Ide Kousuda » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:08 am

Kousuda raises his eyebrows in surprise. He had hardly seen Karasu move! An impressive display. He gives a sidelong glance to Kyoumi's cheering, and smiles, looking back at the two impressive warriors.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:03 am

Yamada had wanted Yukari to win, but no one could touch Karasu.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Haihime

Postby Haihime » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:23 am

Utaku Yamada wrote:Yamada had wanted Yukari to win, but no one could touch Karasu.

Haihime did not so much as sigh when Yukari lost. She noticed Yamada had show and moved towards her. "Utaku-san. I have a favor to ask. After the tournament, Hatsuto-sensei has requested my presence to begin trmy training with the Dragon. He requested I bring two witness and would have you be one of them if your will deems such."
The Princes of Ashes

“I am free. You are merely a puppet to others’ wills. Are you truly so stupid to think that you can command me?”

Run by GM Shahai

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:28 am

"I would be honoured, Haihime-Sama," she said. "What did you think of the tournament?"
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Haihime

Postby Haihime » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:05 am

"Dueling is rather peculiar as an art. We don't hold back with our fists in the Order the way samurai strike in tournaments. The manner they cut seems to defeat the spirit of a real duel. Much less is at stake, so the blood pumps less frantically and there is less fear to test one's mettle. Truth is in the killing as Hojatsu-sensei once wrote."

Haihime glanced, almost longingly at the nearby grave of Mirumoto's son.
The Princes of Ashes

“I am free. You are merely a puppet to others’ wills. Are you truly so stupid to think that you can command me?”

Run by GM Shahai

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:21 am

Yamada almost laughed, touching the bandage on her hand. "There is much at stake here, Haihime-sama," she explained. "By winning, Kakita Karasu-san has made a name for himself as a duelist. People will return home talking of his skill with the blade, and of his mercy for his friends. I wouldn't doubt if we see him in such an influential position befor Court it out. He can defend his words with steel, more than any other samurai here."
Widowed, Day 28

Tamori Nikako

Postby Tamori Nikako » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:37 am

Mirumoto Kyoshiro wrote:Suki looks at the Tamori, then her father, then back to the Tamori and nods, cautiously walking over to sit with her.

Kyoshiro bow is gratitude and says, "Daddy will be done quickly, Suki. Don't you worry."

Nikako smiled gently to both of them "We will be fine Mirumoto-sama" she assured him.
IMPERIAL NIKAKO

Mirumoto Kyoshiro

Postby Mirumoto Kyoshiro » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:29 am

"Thank you, Tamori-sama." Kyoshiro bows once more then heads off to the demonstration portion of the competition.
"Isn't my daughter just the cutest thing you've ever seen?
Duelist

Run by Fukurokujin

Tamori Nikako

Postby Tamori Nikako » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:45 am

Nikako turns to the younger dragon "Have you seen a tournament before Suki-chan?"
IMPERIAL NIKAKO

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Kyoumi blushes about her spontaneous burst of emotion but still looks happy on Karasu's behalf.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Return to “Dojo Interior”