[Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - General Gallery (Open)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Mirumoto Hatsuto

Re: [Day 25 - Early Afternoon] Iaijutsu Tournament - General Gallery (Open)

Postby Mirumoto Hatsuto » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Master Sensei of Iron Mountain

“If my enemy strikes first, kill him. If I strike my enemy first, kill him, If we strike at once, kill him. But are you my enemy?”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Karasu faces the crown and bows.
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Unsure of the correct , dignified manner in which a monk should applaud, Midori settles for sustaining a deep bow toward the victor.
Midori

Monk • Experienced Yoritomo Waito

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:14 pm

Karasu walks up and joins the people. He is clearly happy but tries to remain silent unless approched.
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:20 pm

The Bayushi leaves from the judges' circle and joins the spectators. She inclines her head politely to the winner of the tournament as she walks by him and smiles faintly to Dotai.
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:27 pm

As Onasugamiso smiles at Dotai, she notes that Kazusa has stood to face her, something dangerous is in her eyes. She takes the slip of paper the Bayushi handed her before the tournament began and roughly thrusts it back at her.

"What is the meaning of this, Bayushi?" she practically seethed. "You were given no such permission, you may be of the family of our founder, but make no mistake; I am the one who was given charge of our actions. Your shameless insubordination will not be tolerated, now return to the embassy and await my instructions!"

There, a little public shaming by a superior never caused problems, now has it?

She does not seem to be willing to accept any back talk. Not that she figures it will stop the wretched little courtier.
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Gyushi Dotai

Postby Gyushi Dotai » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Dotai raises a eyebrow then bows his head to Scorpion woman as she walks past.

Trouble is a lady.
Emerald Spider * Courtier * Armour-smith * Uninvited * Benten's Blessing * Dangerous Beauty Soul of Gyushi Kageto
Description

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Kyoumi goes over to join Karasu, initially to congratulate him on his victory, though she watches the little power play between the two Scorpion with a slight crease between her eyes as she tries to figure out what is being discussed.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Yamada watched the division between the Scorpion with some interest. What could this mean? This might make things better for her.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:As Onasugamiso smiles at Dotai, she notes that Kazusa has stood to face her, something dangerous is in her eyes. She takes the slip of paper the Bayushi handed her before the tournament began and roughly thrusts it back at her.

"What is the meaning of this, Bayushi?" she practically seethed. "You were given no such permission, you may be of the family of our founder, but make no mistake; I am the one who was given charge of our actions. Your shameless insubordination will not be tolerated, now return to the embassy and await my instructions!"

There, a little public shaming by a superior never caused problems, now has it?

She does not seem to be willing to accept any back talk. Not that she figures it will stop the wretched little courtier.

"Bayushi sama for you, Lady Kazusa of the Soshi." Ona bows to her. "Your will. For five more days." She smirks and reaches for the piece of paper. She leans a bit closer to the Soshi. "Five days for a lifetime doesn't seem like a bad trade. I will make sure that you become part of my retinue sooner rather than later." She bows again according to protocol and smiles a somewhat broad smile. "I will be looking forward to have you working under me." She takes a quick look towards Dotai and smiles to him once again before returning her attention to Kazusa. "I will try to find a good use of your servise in my new home. Sometimes I get bored with day to day tasks." With that she walks away.
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Return to “Dojo Interior”