[Day 25 - Midday] Preperation before Competition

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Yasuki Yamase

[Day 25 - Midday] Preperation before Competition

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:06 am

Yamase made sure to be present well before the competition. It would take time to properly put on her armor, after all, and if the Empress-Consort did decide to spend time talking with her, she wanted to make sure there was time for both.
Bushi * Crab Clan * Kuge * 1213 Topaz Champion * Iron Scales of the Carp

Iweko Ayameko

Re: [Day 25 - Midday] Preperation before Competition

Postby Iweko Ayameko » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:05 am

The tall one-eyed Empress walks into the dojo, flanked by a few Seppun guard. Iweko Ayameko looks lovely, if somewhat worn from her peak, but her proud cycloptic gaze still declares herself a true warrior and leader of men.

In her obi is tucked a small straw doll. Crude, it looks out of place on an Empress, but then few are brave enough to point such things out to such a woman.

She inclines her head politely to the young Crab. "Yasuki-san... Yes, I remember you. It was some years ago, but I do remember."
Consort-Empress | Higher Status than you | Busy

“The Empire will survive. Our enemies doubting this will be their undoing.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Yasuki Yamase

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:08 am

Yamase bows quite, quite deeply. "Yes? I admit I'm not certain that I do as well, my apologies Iweko-sama."

Iweko Ayameko

Postby Iweko Ayameko » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:50 am

Ayameko smiled faintly. "You were a polite little girl. Hardly unexpected from a daughter of a Yasuki governor, much less Tono-san's girl... but it was a welcome respite nonetheless. Most outsiders don't understand the dichotomy of a Crab family, so they assume all our women are boisterous warrior maidens."

Her lips pull into a grin. "Or maybe they just think that after seeing me. Hah! But even so- how is your preparation for the competition coming?"
Consort-Empress | Higher Status than you | Busy

“The Empire will survive. Our enemies doubting this will be their undoing.”

Run by GM Bishamon

Yasuki Yamase

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:09 am

A bit of a smile, "Glad to be a source of a good memory. Good, I think! Will do alright, I think, though I won't have the surprise I had at Topaz to break any swords on the Iron Scales, I expect." She looks to the dojo's preparations. "Trying to decide on three or four tameshigiri."

Return to “Dojo Interior”