[Duel - Round 1 Day 25 EA] Kibo Vs Kyoshiro

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Akodo Kibo

[Duel - Round 1 Day 25 EA] Kibo Vs Kyoshiro

Postby Akodo Kibo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Akodo Kibo ascends to the ring and bows low in respect to his opponent. He takes his position opposite the Mirumoto, and sizes up his opponent. For the Glory of the Lion.

Round 1: Assessment, no raises, no void.: 8d10o10k3 45
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Mirumoto Kyoshiro

Re: [Duel - Round 1 Day 25 EA] Kibo Vs Kyoshiro

Postby Mirumoto Kyoshiro » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 am

Mirumoto Kyoshiro enters the ring bows to the judges, then to the crowd, then to his opponent. When he rises, there is a smile on his face. "Akodo-san, thank you for this opportunity. I've never dueled a Lion before." With this small pleasantry finished, he takes his stance and assesses his opponent.

Assessment 40
"Isn't my daughter just the cutest thing you've ever seen?
Duelist

Run by Fukurokujin

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:34 am

His assessment complete, Kibo feeds everything to the void. There is nothing but him and his opponent. No audience, no dojo, not even the sword. Only two individuals waiting, watching, sharing a moment that can never come again.

Focus, but spending a void. I know I know. 10k6+4: 10d10o10k6+4 68
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Mirumoto Kyoshiro

Postby Mirumoto Kyoshiro » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:08 am

Kyoshiro smiles again, then sinks into the Void. All sense of time fades as his connection to the vast oneness engulfs him.

Focus 68
Duelist

Run by Fukurokujin

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:20 am

The moment ends simultaneously, and Kibo draws his blade, striking with precision and the loud roar that comes with an Akodo Bushi's strike.

Kharmic Strike. No raises. 9k4+4: 9d10o10k4+4 28
Damage time, 8k2: 8d10o10l2 7

Mirumoto Kyoshiro

Postby Mirumoto Kyoshiro » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:38 am

Noticing a flicker in the Void, Kyoshiro lashes out, hitting his mark on Kibo's left shoulder and tracing a thin red line.

Strike40
Damage4
Duelist

Run by Fukurokujin

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:00 am

((OOC: Confirmed the hit with Fukurokujin. Juuuuust barely.))

Kibo gave his opponent a similar scratch. They now stand back to back, and after his blade is cleansed, the Lion turns and bows to his opponent, then to the judges and finally to the audience. He awaits the announcement of the result.

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:05 am

Togashi Gozato lets the moment after the duelists stand silent, allowing either duelist to show honor in bowing to their opponent. When the moment passes, he turns to speak with the other judges.
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Mirumoto Kyoshiro

Postby Mirumoto Kyoshiro » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:07 am

Feeling the mood of the judges, Kyoshiro sheathes his blades and bows to the judges. "If it would please the judges, I will withdraw. While I feel my skill was superior, he had far more power. Had this been to the death, I most surely would be."
Duelist

Run by Fukurokujin

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Mirumoto Kyoshiro wrote:Feeling the mood of the judges, Kyoshiro sheathes his blades and bows to the judges. "If it would please the judges, I will withdraw. While I feel my skill was superior, he had far more power. Had this been to the death, I most surely would be."

As Kyoshiro announces his withdrawal, Togashi Gozato shifts forward. He bows to his fellow Dragon Clan member.

"You honor us all with your courtesy, Mirumoto-sama," offers the elder ise zumi. "Thank you for the demonstration of your skill."

With that, his fan gestures towards Akodo Kibo.

"Victor... Akodo Kibo of the Lion Clan."

He sets aside the chop with Akodo Kibo's name, and goes to pulls for the next pairing.
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Return to “Dojo Interior”