[Duel - Round 2 Day 25 EA] Yukari Vs Kibo

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Akodo Kibo

[Duel - Round 2 Day 25 EA] Yukari Vs Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:31 pm

A win by forfeit was not what Kibo had been expecting, but it had been a good match. Still feeling fresh, the Lion ascends to the dueling ring. He bows to the audience, then to the judges, and then more deeply to his opponent.
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Daigotsu Yukari

Re: [Duel - Round 2 Day 25 EA] Yukari Vs Kibo

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Yukari favored the Lion with a respectful bow.

"Akodo-san. Your duel last round gave me a chance to see something I'd never seen before. Before we begin, I thank you."

Another bow, and then she adopted her stance. It wasn't the same one she'd adopted the round before- this one blended elements of Matsu positioning with a bit of Utaku footwork with a generous leavening of Spider. She found the Lion a bit harder to read than Yamase, but then again she hadn't interacted with him as often.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Kibo returns the second bow then adopts his same stance. No need to break tradition with these things.

Round 2: Assessment, no raises, no void.: 8d10o10k3 43
((OOC: "No-Void" Kid strikes again!))
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:03 pm

She felt it.

Twice in one day?

And I get to experience it as well?

Yukari smiled as the two samurai blurred into motion at the same instant.

Her strike was nearly as perfect as the one she'd hit the Crab with, a relatively delicate cut aimed at the Akodo's upper left bicep, but at the speed they were moving, she still cut deeper than she intended.

Baka! Some Control there, Yukari, it'll serve you right if his cut takes your entire arm off!

EDIT: Correction- only four Wounds. But I'm going to leave her self-criticism in. For reasons.
Last edited by Daigotsu Yukari on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:11 pm

Kibo settles into the void again, a new moment shared with an opponent. There is no war, there is no breath, there is only Bushido.

Focus, Void, Tradition! 10k6+4: 10d10o10k6+4 42
((Forgot free raise for Focus from Iai 5, so the total is 47.))

Glorious, another kharmic strike. He strikes to touch, not to wound and is moderately successful. Not as successful as he wished though.

Strike for Bushido! 8k3 + Center + FR from Akodo R1: 9d10o10k4+9 46
Damage time, 8k2: 8d10o10l2 6

The cut on his arm isn't as deep as it looks. Kibo waits as his sword is cleansed and returns it to its saya. He bows to his opponent, then to the judges, and then to the crowd.

Time to consider whether to withdraw from the competition.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Yikari bowed low, extremely low, to the Lion.

"Akodo-sama. If my haste has impaired your ability to continue, I will, with your permission, compete for the Lion in your stead. Otherwise, I will accept your decision to either wait for judgment... or we could both bow out, and let the victor of Soshi-sama and Kakita-san's match take the overall victory. You have more than earned the right to decide. Speak, and I will act."

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:21 pm

For the moment, Togashi Gozato remains impassive.

He watches the quiet exchange between the two duelists, allowing them the time to decide on courtesy before turning the matter over to the judges.
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Kibo repeats his bows to all present, very respectfully. Once this is complete, he speaks to all present first. "I cannot speak for the heavens, it is not my place. It would seem, however, that it has repeated itself, to emphasize a point."

"If I were to continue, there would be no winner. Only an opportunity for two samurai to decide the results through words and not deeds. As honorable as that would be, Iai is an art of heavenly decisions when earthly words have failed."

"Therefore," He bows again to his opponent, "This one concedes the match."

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Yukari returned his bow, then spoke aloud, for all of those present to hear.

"This one continues by the Honor and Courtesy of the Lion Clan's swordsman. Any defeat I suffer is my own. Any victory is shared with the Clan of Akodo. As they have done so often throughout our history, the Lion have made victory possible without any concern for themselves. This one does not want that fact to be forgotten."

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:51 pm

And to officiate the moment, Togashi Gozato lifts his fan and gestures towards Daigotsu Yukari.

"Victor... Daigotsu Yukari of the Spider Clan."
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Return to “Dojo Interior”