[Duel - Final Round - Day 25 EA] Yukari vs Karasu

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Togashi Gozato

[Duel - Final Round - Day 25 EA] Yukari vs Karasu

Postby Togashi Gozato » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:03 pm

What began with eight competitors has been reduced down to two. Togashi Gozato pushes forward on where he sits, and lifts his voice to be heard.

"This dojo is devoted to the art of swordsmanship. It is taught in the Tao of Shinsei that the fate of an entire house may rest upon the speed of one's wrist. We have borne witness to an exemplary demonstration of skill today, and the Dragon Clan is honored to be its host. We honor all eight who have stood before us today. Akodo Kibo of the Lion Clan, Soshi Kazusa of the Scorpion Clan, Utaku Yamada of the Unicorn Clan, Yasuki Yamase of the Crab Clan, Mirumoto Kyoshiro of the Dragon Clan, Shiba Michio of the Phoenix Clan, Daigotsu Yukari of the Spider Clan, and Kakita Karasu of the Crane Clan. May your names be remembered in these halls long after you have departed them.

"For now, we call forth the two remaining duelists for the final challenge of skill. Daigotsu Yukari of the Spider Clan, come forward. Kakita Karasu, come forward. You are the final pairing of our tournament."

With that, he bows towards the audience, then towards Yukari, then Karasu. He shifts back to rejoin the judges, bringing a small cloth out of his sleeve up to his mouth with his left hand. With this right, he gestures for the two duelists to begin.
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Kakita Karasu

Re: [Duel - Final Round - Day 25 EA] Yukari vs Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Karasu steps into the ring and bows to the judges and the to Yukari.

"It has already been an honor Yukari-San."

Karasu takes his stance.
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:39 am

Yukari stretched her fingers, then bowed to her opponent.

"Kakita-san. I look forward to witnessing your technique firsthand."

Yukari hit her stance- this third iteration another bizarre hybrid, traces of both Isawa and Shiba technique in her positioning, with her hand held just about the hilt of her blade.

A clear victory, a kharmic strike, and now... now I face a student of the premier iaijutsu technique of Rokugan.

There can be no defeat. If he bests me, it's only to be expected.

If I pull off the upset... I will owe the Lion much.

She exhaled slowly and tried to get a feel for the Kakita's technique.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:37 am

Karasu finds his stance and tries to see what this Spider is doing.

I would assume that she is closer to the Crab or the Unicorn but I just can't tell. I can't get a read on her

Iaijutsu Finals - Assessment: Kata - 1 VP: 9d10r1o10k4+5 27

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:00 am

Yukari took another breath as she gathered her will. Would it be enough? She didn't know. But she'd be damned if she wasn't going to honor the Lion's gesture by staying in.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:07 am

Karasu takes a deep breath.

Just becouse I can't read you doesn't mean I can't beat you Spider-San. I have trained to long and to hard to back down now. And one day soon I will claim the title of Kenshinzen.

Karasu sinks down into his stance. And the world disappears. It is just Karasu and Yukari in a dance together. The music of the universe plays in his years.

What a good song.Don't you think Hitomi?

Iai tourney: Final Duel - Crane 1/3 - Kata - Center Stance - 1 VP - Iaijutsu free raise: 10d10r1o10k8+17 88

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:21 am

Karasu has that moment of clarity. That spark and the sword is like a viper. The air is parted by the blade

Iaijutsu Tournament finally. 5 raises to reduce armor. 3 for called shot to the shoulder.: 9d10o10k4+8 42

And a simple cut appears on the Spiders shoulder. Not to unlike the one she inflicted on the Crab.

Damage to Yukari: 6d10o10l2 8

Karasu holds out his blade for cleansing. He then sheaths it and bows low to the Spider.

"You are very talented. It was my honor to meet you this day."

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:31 am

If Yukari even felt the cut*, she didn't show it. She simply bowed.

"To witness such technique first-hand is a privilege, Kakita-san. It is gratifying to see that the Kakita dojo continues to find students worthy of its art."

Then she turned to face the spot in the stands where Akodo Kibo sat, and bowed. The she rose and spoke to Karasu once more.

"I have experienced a kharmic strike and earned a wound from a Kakita duelist in the final round. Very few days in my life to date can match this one. I thank you for your role in it."

She bowed once more, and took her leave.

* No actual damage was done to Yamase- a Hida in Heavy Armor is a Reduction-machine

Togashi Gozato

Postby Togashi Gozato » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:16 pm

As Karasu becomes the apparent victor, Togashi Gozato turns towards the master of the Iron Mountain Dojo. The elder ise zumi offers the sensei the fan to announce the winner of the tournament, and provide Karasu with the due accolades and recognition.
Togashi Gozato
Monk * Tattooed * Sensei * Love Letter
Benten's Blessing

Return to “Dojo Interior”