[Day 25, LA] A Test of Mettle (Private)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Mirumoto Hatsuto

[Day 25, LA] A Test of Mettle (Private)

Postby Mirumoto Hatsuto » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:55 pm

After the day's earlier activities, Mirumoto Hatsuto patiently waited for the so-called Princess of Ashes to arrive with whatever attendants she had thought to bring with her. Knowing nothing about her except for what she did during court, he expected this to be eye-opening.
Master Sensei of Iron Mountain

“If my enemy strikes first, kill him. If I strike my enemy first, kill him, If we strike at once, kill him. But are you my enemy?”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Haihime

Re: [Day 25, LA] A Test of Mettle (Private)

Postby Haihime » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:19 am

The one who called herself the Princess of Ashes had stayed after the crowd dispersed, stepping out briefly to practice her form. Aside from from her haori, she was dressed in simple robes, her short cropped hair gleamed white and pinned by a headband of crimson. She was wirey, her arms stretched with scarred sinew of a life far too harsh for one so young. She had her bisento, but set it aside before approaching the dais. Once again in the house Hojatsu built, she bowed before The Son's grave first, then the Sensei.
The Princes of Ashes

“I am free. You are merely a puppet to others’ wills. Are you truly so stupid to think that you can command me?”

Run by GM Shahai

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:27 am

Yukari likewise lingered, wearing the dressings on her two shallow cuts with a total lack of self-consciousness.

It had been good to cut and be cut again. It had reminded her of who and what she was.

She followed Haihime at a respectful distance.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:28 am

With her is Yamada, her hand still bandaged from her duel with Karesu in the tournament. She bows to the sensei, saying nothing and allowing the other two to take the lead.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Mirumoto Hatsuto

Postby Mirumoto Hatsuto » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:43 am

Hatsutu heard the others enter the room. He turned around and bowed to them in greeting. Looking up, he saw who Haihime brought with her. A Unicorn and a Spider. An interesting choice to say the least. "Haihime-san, I welcome you and your companions. Were you told what was going to happen and what was expected of you?"

“If my enemy strikes first, kill him. If I strike my enemy first, kill him, If we strike at once, kill him. But are you my enemy?”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:51 am

"No, Mirumoto sensei," said Yamada. Though she was curious.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:55 am

I do not question when my friends request my presence.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Haihime

Postby Haihime » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:19 am

"I did not explain, Mirumoto-sensei. I only knew what I was ordered and my..." Friends? "friends agreed to accompany me. I can only presume this is regarding my required training."
The Princes of Ashes

“I am free. You are merely a puppet to others’ wills. Are you truly so stupid to think that you can command me?”

Run by GM Shahai

Mirumoto Hatsuto

Postby Mirumoto Hatsuto » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:06 am

"Yes. They are here to bare witness and provide counsel. I will be testing your skills and knowledge. Before we begin, do you have any questions?"

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Haihime

Postby Haihime » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:22 am

"Skill and knowledge of what, Sensei?" Her stance loosened in preparation for a dodge, as though Hatsuto might try to strike her for the slightest insolence.
The Princes of Ashes

Run by GM Shahai

Return to “Dojo Interior”