[Day 25, LA] A Test of Mettle (Private)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Utaku Yamada

Re: [Day 25, LA] A Test of Mettle (Private)

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 am

She's like a cat, ready to lunge out of the way. I don't think this is the sort of dojo you have experienced before, Haihime.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Mirumoto Hatsuto

Postby Mirumoto Hatsuto » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:32 am

"Your knowledge of Shintao and your skill with the blade. I know where Lord Shikei wants to send you to train; I'm just confirming that it is the best course of action. If you will follow me, there is a small dojo where I will test you." Hatsuto beckon the others to follow him and leaves the room.
Master Sensei of Iron Mountain

“If my enemy strikes first, kill him. If I strike my enemy first, kill him, If we strike at once, kill him. But are you my enemy?”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:33 am

Yamada walks with the others to the dojo.

Skill with the blade? Does he mean to test her with a katana?
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Haihime

Postby Haihime » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:38 am

There was a deflated and confused sigh as Haihime stepped out of stance. He wasn't going to try and beat her up after all. Not yet at least. She followed the master sensei's lead. "Is this normal, Yamada-san?"
The Princes of Ashes

“I am free. You are merely a puppet to others’ wills. Are you truly so stupid to think that you can command me?”

Run by GM Shahai

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:43 am

"I have never learned in a formal dojo, Haihime-sama," Yamada confessed. "But usually, you are bent to their form, not broken."
Widowed, Day 28

Haihime

Postby Haihime » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:45 am

Haihime returned her concentration towards the test to come. She had handled a katana very few times and very much preferred her bisento. The Tao, however, she was far more versed in as it mixed well with her interest in other literature.
The Princes of Ashes

“I am free. You are merely a puppet to others’ wills. Are you truly so stupid to think that you can command me?”

Run by GM Shahai

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:01 am

Yamada was interested in what would be required of her. Still, being set a task by the sensei of the Mirumoto dojo. It was an honour.
Widowed, Day 28

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Well, the sword, at least, is something I know a thing or two about.

Yukari followed along.

"The Order's methods suit their teachings. The Dragon's methods suit theirs. That diversity is something I think you're going to get a lot of exposure to in the year ahead."

And I will admit a slight pang of envy on that score.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:23 pm

"I agree, Yukari-san," said Yamada.
Widowed, Day 28

Mirumoto Hatsuto

Postby Mirumoto Hatsuto » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 am

Hatsuto leads the group to a nearby dojo room. Inside, the walls are lined with bokken of every size, short bokken for wakizashi practice, normal bokken for katana practice and long bokken for no-dachi practice. He moves over to place his daisho on a wall rack and then grabs a daisho set of bokken. "Haihime-san, grab a normal bokken from the wall; we're going to spar." He places the short bokken in his obi where his wakizashi would be and takes up a single sword stance in the middle of the room.
Master Sensei of Iron Mountain

“If my enemy strikes first, kill him. If I strike my enemy first, kill him, If we strike at once, kill him. But are you my enemy?”

Run by GM Fukurokujin

Return to “Dojo Interior”