[Day 27 LA] The Day Before (private)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Shiba Michio

Re: [Day 27 LA] The Day Before (private)

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:27 am

"Heh. You nearly succeeded with a stick."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:27 am

"But be careful - remember you will both be in armor. It will limit your motion as well as protect you."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:32 am

Yamada nodded. "Gyushi Dotai-san gifted, or rather untrusted, me with armour some days ago," said Yamada. "I was hoping to wear it to a different battle than this." She considered their spar again. "You perhaps, Michio-san, were the best of the three moving out of the realm of the iai. I am guessing Soshi-san will be similarly skilled?"
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:47 am

"Hai. In recompense for what Tatsumi-san did, I shared with her some of the truth of the Shiba-ryu. She was overly careful in our bout, a mistake I doubt she would make again."

He carefully slows his breathing back to normal levels with visible effort. "I would also say be wary of her sting, but you might take that as a metaphor. She is fast, but not much faster than I. Like all warriors, her mind is her most dangerous weapon."
"This is a start."

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:49 am

"I think they have nene trying to get out of the duel," said Yamada. "Does she fear me?"
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:23 am

"No." Michio shakes his head. "She has wary respect, as she should. She will not hesitate."
"This is a start."

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:25 am

"And neither will I," said Yamada.
/scene?
Widowed, Day 28

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:35 am

/scene

(OOC - Good luck.)
"This is a start."

Return to “Dojo Interior”