[Day 27 LA] The Day Before (private)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Utaku Yamada

[Day 27 LA] The Day Before (private)

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:51 am

Yamada arrived at the dojo, first to arrive for their practice session. Glad to be alone for now, she sits in seiza before the three shrines and the grave.

What did these mountains say to them?

She looked at the stone that marked Mirumoto Hojatsu's grave. He had never lived to see his dojo finished, where the form of his father was passed on. Killed in a duel with Kakita that had also claimed the first of the duelists. The Mirumoto sensei carried his blade, and Yamada had seen it.

She sat there for a while, waiting for the others, enjoying the silence.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Suzume Kenichi

Re: [Day 27 LA] The Day Before (private)

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:24 am

Utaku Yamada wrote:She sat there for a while, waiting for the others, enjoying the silence.

Suzume Kenichi arrives and bows respectfully to the Utaku.

"Good afternoon, Utaku-sama. I hope you are well." His words are congenial but the weight of the next day's appointment for Yamada hangs heavy in the air, and he knows there is work to do.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:33 am

"Well as expected thank you, Kenichi-san," said Yamada, she stood up, bowing in return. "Thank you for coming." There was something different about her again, as weight she had been carrying had somehow mad peace with. She was ready, for what ever would happen.
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:39 am

Kakita Karasu arrives. He looks very different without the armor. He comes in and sets his winter cloak aside.

"Hello all"
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:43 am

Yamada bowed. "Karasu-san," she said. "Thank you for coming."
Widowed, Day 28

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:46 am

"I promised I would help." His tone is odd. It is still multilayered but not so much as yesterday.

"What can I do to assist you?" The question is open and honest.

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:53 am

"Well, for a start, you can tell me about Soshi Kazusa?" said Yamada. "You have faced her, three times now and she has only bested you once. I tried to study her form in the tournament, but it is very different when she is an opponent. So tell me, can I beat her?"
Widowed, Day 28

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:12 am

Karasu considers it for a long moment. "You are a true Samurai Yamada-San. If this were a battle on the field I would put koku on your victory every time. But as you have reminded me, a duelist is not a battlefield general.

Kazusa is tough, fast and lucky. In a duel to first strike or first blood you would not stand a chance. But this is a duel to the death. So we should focus on the end and work backwards.

You are far tougher then she. But she has speed. From her kata at the Crab competition and the one at the Iaijutsu tournament it is clear that her first targets after the initial strike will be to your legs. To slow you down. Possibly even drop you. She will then use that advantage to attack your stomach, heart and neck. Places that bleed profusely."

Karasu realizes he is rambling in his mental examination of the coming fight.

"Simply put your chances of victory are slim. If you can survive her initial attack and retaliate with a killing blow, you will succeed. Baring that, you will fall."

You literally have one shot at this. Bet you wish it was a pistol duel now, eh.

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:20 am

Yamada nodded, she had suspected as much. "I can take blows better than most," said Yamada, thinking aloud. "And I will be wearing armour. What about..." She looked at Karasu. "If you don't mind taking a few bruises, how about we do this in three rounds? First the iai, then move into the skirmish." She smiled. "My demonstration at the tournament surprised me, my draw was perfect. If only I could replicate it."
Widowed, Day 28

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:22 am

"Hai, but let's skip the death part. That would inconvenient for me. I dodged that enough yesterday. Come."

Karasu motions for them to take the floor.

Return to “Dojo Interior”