[Day 27 LA] The Day Before (private)

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Shiba Michio

Re: [Day 27 LA] The Day Before (private)

Postby Shiba Michio » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:26 pm

"Hai. Kakita-shiryo stood victorious not just because of his speed but because his strike was almost always the last. Cut the body, cut the mind, cut the spirit."

He considers. "If you survive the first strike, are you faster than she? The Bayushi exploit their superior speed mercilessly."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:49 pm

"I am fairly fast," said Yamada. "I think I'm faster than Karasu, as long as he's not in the middle of his Kakita techniques."

[OOC: I confirmed this during our duel. My agility is higher than his 8-) ]
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Utaku Yamada wrote:"My scars are in different places, Karasu-san," said Yamada. "But I will remember." She turned to Kenichi. "What is your assessment?"

Kenichi is about to respond when Michio arrives. He bows to the new arrival and listens to the ensuing conversation.

"Your technique has improved, and you are very agile. If you both survive the first strike, the balance may tip in your favour. However, Michio-sama is correct. The Baysuhi exploit their speed to great effect and you will need to be mindful of this. I have sparred with her once, but I am inclined to think that anything learned from sparring with a Scorpion must be treated with some degree of caution. She may even have held back in the tournament, as the prize for winning there was not as important as the prize for winning her duel with you, if it could be described as such."
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Yamada nodded. "My first strike still surprise me, sometimes," said Yamada. "Though I suppose I have you to thank there." She nodded at Michio. "Shall we keep going? I would like to do the same with both of you, go from Iaijutsu to Kenjutsu."

[OOC: Bed time for me guys, it's 2am]
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Michio bows low again. "I would be honored. Kenichi, would you like to go first?"
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Suzume Kenichi wrote:She may even have held back in the tournament, as the prize for winning there was not as important as the prize for winning her duel with you, if it could be described as such."

Karasu walks over to sit beside his friend while giving him an incredulous look to read.

I am standing right here.
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Kakita Karasu wrote:
Suzume Kenichi wrote:She may even have held back in the tournament, as the prize for winning there was not as important as the prize for winning her duel with you, if it could be described as such."

Karasu walks over to sit beside his friend while giving him an incredulous look to read.

I am standing right here.

Kenichi sees the look on his friend's face. "There is no doubt in my mind you would have beaten her whatever happened that day, Kakita-sama. We must entertain the possibility though that she might have concealed some of her capabilities. If she knew she could not beat you, that might have been an extra incentive not to go all out. The Scorpion's reputation precedes them, and she accepted defeat after assessment, correct?"
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:Michio bows low again. "I would be honored. Kenichi, would you like to go first?"

"I am ready."

Kakita Karasu

Postby Kakita Karasu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:03 pm

Karasu gives his friend a quick pat on the shoulder.

"I was mostly kidding. But yes. She did decline after that point. I feel like she was distracted. Like there was something afterward she wished to be ready for."
Emerald ChampionDuelistPistoleer • Crane Clan • Samurai • Soul of Shiba Mako
Raised Eyebrow of Derision
After day 24 he wears a Yellow and Orange wrapped tanto in his belt.
Winter Court Iaijutsu Champion

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:43 pm

[OOC: Feeling really strange and having trouble concentrating today, maybe we should the something later]
Widowed, Day 28

Return to “Dojo Interior”