[Day 29 EM] - Bokkens Before Breakfast

A series of tatami floored rooms ring the dojo. At any given time, wooden and bamboo practice swords can be heard clacking or the sensei lecturing students. Peculiarly enough, compared to most dojo, these sensei speak with more questions than orders. Here, one corner of the ground floor has been reserved for guests to practice their own martial arts. At the center, a larger tatami floor spreads against a short conclave of bleachers. The east wall is occupied by a trio of shrines to Mirumoto, Shinsei and Togashi. A single stone at the base marks the grave of Mirumoto Hojatsu. Akin to the shrine in the village, a banner hangs with the words "Neither Will I."
Shiba Michio

Re: [Day 29 EM] - Bokkens Before Breakfast

Postby Shiba Michio » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:09 pm

"Iie. The Temple of the Dragons; it is the seat of those who spoke out against the heresy in the first place. My brothers will do what they must to ensure there is time."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:20 pm

"That must be quite the sight to behold. I have not travelled much in the Phoenix lands, and I have never seen the temple of which you speak. Perhaps if we succeed against the Onyx, I might make a pilgrimage there to pay my respects."

He stops for a moment and contemplates what he has just said. I imagine it is a wondrous place.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:01 pm

"I will leave word with my brothers there to expect you. It is not what Kyuden Isawa was before this horror but it is still a wonder."

He considers for a while. "Have you thought much of the fate of the Sparrow after all of this," his gesture encompasses the world, "is finally restored to balance?"
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:20 am

"I will be returning to speak with my clan before then going to Otosan Uchi. There have been offers of support, although perhaps not as many as I would have hoped. Everyone is stretched at the moment. The clan is scattered at the moment, with most of them seeking refuge in the Crane lands. Once they are organised again, I will rejoin them ready to make an assault on the Golden Sun Plains."
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:42 pm

"Do you have any support for that from the Crab or the Crane?"
"This is a start."

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:"Do you have any support for that from the Crab or the Crane?"

"Thus far it is only the Mantis and those of Zogeku who have pledged support. That is not to say that others will not aid us, but they have not yet spoken to me about providing such support."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:00 pm

"When I have settled the matter of the Masters, I will join you."

He tilts his head to one side as though listening to something far away. "I may be able to bring a few allies with me."
"This is a start."

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:"When I have settled the matter of the Masters, I will join you."

He tilts his head to one side as though listening to something far away. "I may be able to bring a few allies with me."

Kenichi bows respectfully. "That is a most gracious offer, and one which will be much appreciated."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:03 pm

"You are welcome."

He hefts his bokken. "One last kata, my friend?"
"This is a start."

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Shiba Michio wrote:"You are welcome."

He hefts his bokken. "One last kata, my friend?"

"It would be my honour."

Return to “Dojo Interior”