[D5 EE] Like Poison [pvt]

Geisha within the lands of the Dragon Clan are renowned for their brilliance and wit. Those who live in the shadow of Shiro Mirumoto are far from an exception. The best girls are the most educated and have almost a monkish dedication to the pursuit of beauty through wisdom. The Perch’s okasan is Gion, a keen-tongued singer for whom rumors persist that she is the secret paramore of the Fortune Fukurokujin or is even the Oracle of Fire.
Yoritomo Kuniken

Re: [D5 EE] Like Poison [pvt]

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Kuniken looks at Janisha with a hint of despair and confusion. “To tell you the truth I’m not complete sure myself either, that was the main reason for this meeting, to see if…what she had become” Kuniken cast down his eyes. “I have said too much already.”

Then feeling a familiar stirring inside as she looks at him with her green eyes, he shakes his head a last time. “I will not give up hope, nor want” He concurs. “My dream is a simple one, is it too much to ask that a man may have a home to return to and that his family will follow him?” Kuniken complains with a sigh.
Free Mantis.

"Is it not glorious? For every man I slay, I take a single coin and add its metal to my armor. Gaze upon my kills."

Former life as Kakita Burei

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:32 pm

She dug no further, for he did not wish her to do so. She had secrets of her own, and they had been quite exposed recently. She would not be a hypocrite and dig into his.
"No Kuniken-san. A family is never too much to hope for. We are Mantis... large families built on love are our foundation more then any other clan. But we all have our duties. We all have our separate paths to follow. While it is not too much to hope for, while such a fate awaits any Mantis....it maybe too much hope for right now.

But it will come." She flashed him a smile, "And I am a diviner, remember...you can trust my word."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:53 pm

Kuniken smiles weekly at her words, however at her last he couldn’t help but snicker a bit, the absurdity of it all was just so… well it belonged in a stage show more than anything. Then finally he broke and starts to actually laugh, it was however a short spell, plus the sound was closer to hysteria than actual mirth.

“Janisha-chan do you have many siblings yourself?” he then asks, in an attempt to fill the silence, and creeping sense of dread that was encroaching.
Free Mantis.

"Is it not glorious? For every man I slay, I take a single coin and add its metal to my armor. Gaze upon my kills."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:57 pm

It wasn't the reaction she had hoped from her joke, and in its own way, that was most worrying. Standing him up, she said, "Come on Kuniken...we probably want to get you home. Or do you desire to wait longer yet?"

On the question of siblings she paused and shook her head, "If I have any, they were fully grown and out preforming their own Duties before I was born. Mother and father never mentioned kin, so I have my doubts, but its possible. It is one of the few joys in the world I missed."
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:13 pm

He let her do, let her stand him up without fussing or fighting it.
“Your right, no good is coming from this, I’m sorry for wasting your time.” He apologizes with a small bow of his head.

Moshi Janisha wrote:On the question of siblings she paused and shook her head, "If I have any, they were fully grown and out preforming their own Duties before I was born. Mother and father never mentioned kin, so I have my doubts, but its possible. It is one of the few joys in the world I missed."

“A shame I would have liked to meet them, but…” wait something didn’t add up. Kunikens eyes regains their usual sharpness as he looks very directly at the Moshi.
“What do you mean they never mentioned any, and it might be possible?” it had almost sounded like she accused not one but both of her parents of infidelity. However for how guarded Janisha usually acted this was rather unlike her.
Free Mantis.

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 am

Janisha is silent for a moment. Such things are not best discussed, and she had opened her mouth and in an attempt to comfort Kuniken, had revealed to much. However she couldn't step back, she had to go forward.

Her face completely serious, although their was still a single touch of kindness in his voice, "I have said to much, and not enough, Kuniken-san, letting my mask down when I should not have. Such things are not proper to discuss. Suffice to say if my parents had other children it would be together. Such children would be Moshi and if they were still alive after the battle of the second seal, they would be Nativist. I will not shame myself or my parents by discussing this further."

Speculation on maybes and could bes is Regret. I won't dragged into such thing.
Description

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:54 am

Kuniken nods understandingly, and then bows deeply. “The mistake is on my part, I shouldn’t prod in matters where I do not belong.” It was clear that this matter was one that was close to Janisha heart, and like the color of her skin not a matter of polite talk.
At her last words however he saw fit to interject on last thing.

“No they wouldn’t be Nativist, they would be Mantis, family regardless of where they are and who they serve.” He then informs her in an uplifting tone. “Never doubt the unification, it will happen.” Then giving into his impulses, he dragged the Moshi into a fierce embrace. “Stay strong we will get through this” He mutters into her hair.
Free Mantis.

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Janisha froze up for a moment, having just put up all her walls of propriety just a few seconds ago. But seconds latter, she returns the hug, although far less tightly then he does to her. Their is still a hint of awkwardness to it, but she was trying.

"I believe you," she said after a while, with a touch of a smile, "I might summon the fury of Osano-wo upon you if you hug me much longer, but I believe you.

Back to the Embassy, or do you have other ideas for tonight?"
Description

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:16 pm

“Better not give the Okasan a reason to be angry” Kuniken released Janisha, then giving her a short bow as appology.
“let’s leave, I fear I might do something beyond foolish if we stay any longer” he agrees to her suggestion.

[exit]
Free Mantis.

Gion

Postby Gion » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:35 pm

Gion was a little taken aback by the suggestion of such powerful... words by a priestess. She remained congenial as they parted. "Do come back."
Okasan of the Little Crow’s Perch | Dependant- Suneki

“Come in, come in! Have some tea, it will ward off the winter’s chill.”

Run by GM Shahai

Return to “Little Crow’s Perch”