[D5 EE] Like Poison [pvt]

Geisha within the lands of the Dragon Clan are renowned for their brilliance and wit. Those who live in the shadow of Shiro Mirumoto are far from an exception. The best girls are the most educated and have almost a monkish dedication to the pursuit of beauty through wisdom. The Perch’s okasan is Gion, a keen-tongued singer for whom rumors persist that she is the secret paramore of the Fortune Fukurokujin or is even the Oracle of Fire.
Yoritomo Kuniken

[D5 EE] Like Poison [pvt]

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Kuniken had booked the room for quite a time, as he had decided it was best to stay here for long before the meeting and he had also wisely decided that he might need to stay here for quite the while after.

The room was clean, and meant for polite company of a small party, some tea and wine where set forth, and a small box hiding beneath a simply cloth sat next to the table.

Now he just needed to wait.
Free Mantis.

"Is it not glorious? For every man I slay, I take a single coin and add its metal to my armor. Gaze upon my kills."

Former life as Kakita Burei

Moshi Janisha

Re: [D5 EE] Like Poison [pvt]

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Janisha waited beside the door, prepared to cast the spell then walk outside, "Be aware Kuniken-san, that the spell has a limited duration. I intend to beseech the kami to give you more time, but outside a few minutes, I will need to recast the spell. I have, however, not prayed to the Air Kami today, so should need be, I can cast it quite a number of times.

My suggestion...say what it is so critical to keep secret, and then dismiss me."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Kuniken nods understandingly.
“Very well, a girl will come up just before our guest, when that happens please ask the Kamis for their help”.
Kuniken then produces a small book for keeping pressed flowers.
“If you need an anchor for the prayer, you can use this book.” He give the old thing a look that speaks of fond memories as well as sorrow.
“Then leave, with luck you will never notice who of the patrons I am to meet, that would be better for all involved” Kuniken casts down his gaze at Janisha feet, this felt so wrong keeping her in the dark.

“If all goes well I will be able to speak more of this, once again thank you.”
Free Mantis.

"Is it not glorious? For every man I slay, I take a single coin and add its metal to my armor. Gaze upon my kills."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Janisha bowed, "Understood Kuniken-san." She wondered who exactly he was meeting, but didn't seek to pry.

He had shown her great kindness...when many others had turned their back. She owed him for that if nothing else.
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Gion

Postby Gion » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:24 am

Gion, as in the night prior, offered only the best for her guests from the far away land. High end sake and the pleasant entertainment. Of course, there has been good treatment for a man with a gilded set of armor, but when there are so many other important guests in town, the service seems just that much more special.
Okasan of the Little Crow’s Perch | Dependant- Suneki

“Come in, come in! Have some tea, it will ward off the winter’s chill.”

Run by GM Shahai

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:11 pm

[And time passes ever so slowly]

At first kuniken had looked uncomfortable, then nervous.

Now however he seems a wreck, he had been pacing up and down the room for the better part of half and hour, and had started to mumble to himself.
Free Mantis.

Gion

Postby Gion » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:32 am

"Kuniken-sama, is there a place you need to rest?" Aiko appeared to him with deep concern. She glanced at Gion who gave an approving nod.
Okasan of the Little Crow’s Perch | Dependant- Suneki

“Come in, come in! Have some tea, it will ward off the winter’s chill.”

Run by GM Shahai

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:22 am

Janisha enters the room with Akiko, a look of sympathy on her face, "Kuniken-san....is their anything I can get you?" She didn't know what he had hoped for, but she was very sure it wasn't this.
Description

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:52 am

Kuniken sighs heavily as the women fuss our him.
“Aiko, please a song to calm me down would be nice” He request of the geisha. Then turning his attention to the clearly worried Janisha.
“I don’t know, it seems she’s not coming, I was fool weren’t I?” he concedes with a defeatist attitude.
Free Mantis.

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:51 am

"Only the Spider claim Perfection and Insight as Virtues, Kuniken-san. We are not Spider, we are Mantis. To us, Freedom is most important, and that includes freedom to hope, freedom to get drunk on Sake, and freedom to make mistakes."

She sat down beside him, unsure exactly what to do or say, "I don't know who you meant to meet, Kuniken-san. I don't know what they mean to you, or why you went to such lengths to create the privacy you wanted to meet them, or even what they have done to earn such strong emotions from you."

She puts her hand on his shoulder and squeezes, before she said, "I can tell you one thing though....anyone who chose to do this to you is the fool, not you.

It is never foolish to care.

Its never foolish to want something.

And its never foolish to hope.

The Mantis have survived for almost 1,200 years on hope alone, and look at us now....the only clan to ever found their own country. Even the Onyx Spider, for all their claims of being an independent nation, so desperately wish the legitimacy of the Steel Throne."

She looked him in the eyes, "You don't have to tell me what's happening, but I am here for you, and for whatever you want to do next."
Description

Return to “Little Crow’s Perch”