[D7 LE] Light in the shadows [pvt]

Geisha within the lands of the Dragon Clan are renowned for their brilliance and wit. Those who live in the shadow of Shiro Mirumoto are far from an exception. The best girls are the most educated and have almost a monkish dedication to the pursuit of beauty through wisdom. The Perch’s okasan is Gion, a keen-tongued singer for whom rumors persist that she is the secret paramore of the Fortune Fukurokujin or is even the Oracle of Fire.
Yoritomo Kuniken

Re: [D7 LE] Light in the shadows [pvt]

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:41 pm

Kuniken puts on a forced smile. “Some cubs take their time to grow up, eh?” then imidiatly realized how that sounded.

“I’ll shut up now...” Kuniken then says as he motions for Onasugamiso to fill their cups again. “I hope that you will be able to find that small happiness in life at least.”
Then he falls silent for a long time, there was so many questions, so many words yet for the time being silence felt like the right thing, a chance for the two of them to be actual humans.
Free Mantis.

"Is it not glorious? For every man I slay, I take a single coin and add its metal to my armor. Gaze upon my kills."

Former life as Kakita Burei

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:40 pm

She fills both his and her cup and takes a seat next to him. The woman falls into silence, as well. She sips some sake from time to time.

At some point she finally speaks. "What will it be between us then? Friends, family, enemies? I am so confused..." She raises her hand and awkwardly, but gently punches his arm. "You had to become a Yoritomo again. You couldn't resist the urge." Her tone is bitterly playful.
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:40 pm

Kuniken tilts his head this way then that, as if considering many a thing.

“You’re confused!? I had assumed that you were dead alongside Kimiko, yet here you are all grown and womanly… the first few times I thought you might kill me or try to claw out my eyes!” Kuniken responds, then looking questioningly down at her punch. He should have been there for her as well, shouldn’t he?
But then again that might have looked strange hanging out with the younger sister of his wife, someone might start to question what daughter he was really married to.

“I was born that way I guess? One thing is sure, the man I was cannot be anymore…for better and worse”
Free Mantis.

"Is it not glorious? For every man I slay, I take a single coin and add its metal to my armor. Gaze upon my kills."

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:06 pm

"We don't need you, Kuniken. You are not exactly a model for all Bayushi." She says stoically this time. "And if we ever want you back, we will get you. It's as simple as that and you should have figured that out about the Scorpion by now." She raises her eyes and looks at him. "But I have been true to you tonight. I asked for us to meet here so that I can come with no mask... no mons... That's only for here and now, though. Do not spoil it. Please."
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Bayushi Onasugamiso wrote:"We don't need you, Kuniken. You are not exactly a model for all Bayushi." She says stoically this time. "And if we ever want you back, we will get you. It's as simple as that and you should have figured that out about the Scorpion by now."

Kuniken grimace at her first comment, but it was true so he didn't do anything else. Although the last part of that sentence did send a shiver down his spine.

Bayushi Onasugamiso wrote:She raises her eyes and looks at him. "But I have been true to you tonight. I asked for us to meet here so that I can come with no mask... no mons... That's only for here and now, though. Do not spoil it. Please."

"True, forgive me for bringing politics back into this..." Kuniken then pours the next cup for the both of them.
"Hopes? did i crush all the things you hoped for with this meeting?" he then says after awhile.
Free Mantis.

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:55 pm

"Hopes? I had none." She says and sips some sake. "It was a test. For myself. Not a particularly good one, though. I have to accept that too many things have happened to ever have what even resembles to a family." She taps her fingers against her cup. "I should go and make arrangements for the night." She says and stands up. She doesn't leave. Even though the silence is deafening and she finds nothing to speak about, she just remains there standing. "Would you like us to meet again, Kuniken?" She asks at the end. Her demeanor remains serious and her tone strict, but a small spark of hope can be seen in her eyes.

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:44 pm

Bayushi Onasugamiso wrote:"Hopes? I had none." She says and sips some sake. "It was a test. For myself. Not a particularly good one, though. I have to accept that too many things have happened to ever have what even resembles to a family." She taps her fingers against her cup. "I should go and make arrangements for the night." She says and stands up. She doesn't leave. Even though the silence is deafening and she finds nothing to speak about, she just remains there standing. "Would you like us to meet again, Kuniken?" She asks at the end. Her demeanor remains serious and her tone strict, but a small spark of hope can be seen in her eyes.

The words where simple but cut deep, no hopes at all about this meeting, he wasn't sure what his own had been but there had been some.
As she stands up and talks about nightly preparations, Kuniken clears his throat.

"Regarding arrangements for the night, you can have the room if need be, the castle is locked after all."

Then at her final question, he got a long and distant look as if he saw past her and saw something, or someone else for a moment.
"Yes..." He barely speaks in a hoarse voice. "I fear that i'm loosing everything this court, i wont to try and save this at least..."
Free Mantis.

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:48 am

A half smile appears in her face for a moment. "Can you bring the book with you next time?" She asks and remains standing. She looks like she is struggling for some moments. At the end, the courtier bends over him and embraces him tightly for a single short moment. In a hurry, she collects her things and vanishes out of the door. She can arrange for a room herself.

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:47 pm

"I will" he agrees with her, before he fiercely returns her gesture and watch her leave, a million thought struggling to find sense.

[scene?]
Free Mantis.

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:53 pm

/scene. thank you for the thread :-)

Return to “Little Crow’s Perch”