[D15 LE] Drink to the Stars and Toast to the skies [Private]

Geisha within the lands of the Dragon Clan are renowned for their brilliance and wit. Those who live in the shadow of Shiro Mirumoto are far from an exception. The best girls are the most educated and have almost a monkish dedication to the pursuit of beauty through wisdom. The Perch’s okasan is Gion, a keen-tongued singer for whom rumors persist that she is the secret paramore of the Fortune Fukurokujin or is even the Oracle of Fire.
Gion

Re: [D15 LE] Drink to the Stars and Toast to the skies [Private]

Postby Gion » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:50 am

"I could perhaps perform for Lord Arashi... or Ichido-sama." She gave a moment's pause to think. "Privately of course. I am know best for my soothing voice. And Suneki-chan here, she has many budding talents and I hope to focus her towards even greater pursuits in the coming years. Suneki-chan, you may show Kuniken-sama and Mei-sama your play."

Suneki beamed with happiness and left to retrieve her "puppets".
Okasan of the Little Crow’s Perch | Dependant- Suneki

“Come in, come in! Have some tea, it will ward off the winter’s chill.”

Run by GM Shahai

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:36 am

Yoritomo Mei wrote:"It didn't prevent my passage this day, Kuniken-san, but I'm still not used to the cold!" as he tries the flatter, she just says, confused "Ah... Thanks?" What hue? Snow White? she only imagined how her face would be pale now.

Kuniken did feel slightly annoyed, but then again he wasn’t great with words, a better poet than him might have found a nice way to comment the red glow of her skin, flushed from the sudden change of the harsh cold to the warm interior.
Yoritomo Mei wrote:
She felt really lucky, and she sat far away - quite far away - from Kuniken to watch the child's puppet theater!

Mei keeps silent and hears the conversation about moving to the Zogeku, for now.

When she meets opportunity, she asks "Are you willing to move to Zogeku, Okasan? Would you mind to tell us about this?" she asks, already knowing the reasons.

Kuniken couldn’t help but notice that Mei seemed a bit tense, as if she feared his actions, but she had agreed to come here had she not? And on the eve of the fireworks she had seems upon, if not flirtatious, had something happened in between? Or where the other person just a façade? Kuniken decided here and then to get to the bottom of it, but not by force.

Instead he indicates for the first drink to be served.

“This is the Mekhong” Kuniken explains as a amber liquid is poured.
“It is made primarily on sugar canes, and a very small amount of rice, then you add regional herbs and spices, I can unfortunately not tell you what has been added to this particular mix as it is a family secret of the brewer” He adds with a wink. Then lifting his cup in a toast to Mei he downs the spiced rum.

Gion wrote:"Make the Mantis happy, because..." Suneki repeated frankly. But it was her mother's inward displeasure that at last set her to trail off. She was silent for a moment, but the girl seemed to find the slightest inner courage. She looked directly at Kuniken. "Because they're the ones who can take us out of this cursed country."

"That's enough, Suneki-chan." Gion sighed with resignation. She looked around, seeing the other guests were properly distracted. "We were going to set a day soon. I was going to offer a proposal to negotiate our contracts... all of them. We wish to move to Zogeku with you."

Children, so honest and brave even when they should be. On one hand he should discipline her for her insolence on the other he wished to lift her up as an upstanding example of Mantis defiance. In the end however he looks at the child with a forced smile then to her mother. He understood all too well their wish. However there were limits to even his power.

“Okasan…” He said in a low voice.
“I cannot possible claim to have use of the entire staff of this house, but I will go to the lord of this land and ask if I may require the service of you and 4 others from this place, that is all I can offer” he concedes finally.
“If one should ask what it is about your dream of performing for the lords of Zogeku is an honest hope, and we could dearly use some high arts.”
Last edited by Yoritomo Kuniken on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Mantis.

"Is it not glorious? For every man I slay, I take a single coin and add its metal to my armor. Gaze upon my kills."

Former life as Kakita Burei

Shahai

Postby Shahai » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:23 pm

((OOC: Pressing pause on the conversation until something is settled in PM.))
Game Master of Public Relations * TsuTsu-chan Experienced * Fortune of Blood * Fortune of Wealth

Blood is a form of wealth! I can prove it by depriving you of yours.

Gion

Postby Gion » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Gion smiled again at the offer, the business woman taking front once more. "Four of my girls are still a generous offer if you do not mind one being less than experienced." She glanced back the direction Suneki had left. "Although, Lord Shikei does not seem overly concerned with the details of my business. It would worry him too much if I placed this additional mental burden on him. I suppose I can find a worthy successor to continue my business here."

Run by GM Shahai

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:27 am

Yoritomo Kuniken wrote:Kuniken couldn’t help but notice that Mei seemed a bit tense, as if she feared his actions, but she had agreed to come here had she not? And on the eve of the fireworks she had seems upon, if not flirtatious, had something happened in between? Or where the other person just a façade? Kuniken decided here and then to get to the bottom of it, but not by force.

If Kuniken thought he was unpleasant in the girl's eyes, he was entirely mistaken. But for some reason the girl felt uncomfortable in the presence of a man... More precisely, in a private environment where she was alone with a man... For this reason, she sat as far as she could from Kuniken. Fortunately, in that situation there were also Gion and Suneki, so Mei felt more at ease. But things would be difficult for her as soon as the woman and her daughter left the place, so the girl tried to hold them there the maximum.

Mei approaches a little to get the cup Mekhong which had been served. For this, she crawls close to Kuniken, and then returns to her old place with her cup. She arranges herself to sit in seiza and then also lifts her cup returning Kuniken's toast.

She takes a sip "This is delicious, Kuniken-san! The sweet is very pleasant and one can hardly feel it to be an alcoholic beverage!"

Gion wrote:"I could perhaps perform for Lord Arashi... or Ichido-sama." She gave a moment's pause to think. "Privately of course. I am know best for my soothing voice.

"I would also be willing to help you if you wish to present your art to Ichido-dono, Okasan! If a gentle voice like yours will help my lord calm down, then I can arrange this meeting!" she says with a smile "To whom should I ask for this? If it's hard to get your girls to this task, I can also provide my own musicians... stay free to choose what fits you better!"
Last edited by Yoritomo Mei on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Gion

Postby Gion » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:39 am

"I suppose an audience can be arranged for a day soon." Gion stated, allowing Mei to lead the conversation. "Hopefully, such can lead to a most agreeable arrangement."

Run by GM Shahai

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:17 am

Gion wrote:"I suppose an audience can be arranged for a day soon." Gion stated, allowing Mei to lead the conversation. "Hopefully, such can lead to a most agreeable arrangement."

"Of course it will be possible, Okasan!” the girl smiles "Just tell me when it will be the best day for you and I'll tell Lord Ichido! I believe...I believe we have a long and fruitful friendship ahead of us, Okasan!"

"Is Suneki-chan already coming to present the puppets?"

She risks a few words for Kuniken.

"Are you also excited to see the puppets, Kuniken-san?" she smiles timidly.
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Return to “Little Crow’s Perch”