[Day 18, Midday] Through the Waterways (Ask)

Geisha within the lands of the Dragon Clan are renowned for their brilliance and wit. Those who live in the shadow of Shiro Mirumoto are far from an exception. The best girls are the most educated and have almost a monkish dedication to the pursuit of beauty through wisdom. The Perch’s okasan is Gion, a keen-tongued singer for whom rumors persist that she is the secret paramore of the Fortune Fukurokujin or is even the Oracle of Fire.
Yogo Katsuyori

[Day 18, Midday] Through the Waterways (Ask)

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:42 am

Last time he visited a geisha house with a member of the Susumu family it was the House of the Floating Lotus. in Ryoko Owari. He was young and stupid back then. It was more than 15 years back. That day he was taught to never trust anything about someone who by default serves two lords.

Today he was meeting with another Susumu. A young one that spoke for the Onyx and one whom he might have offended in a joke.

It's not a joke. In the Onyx Empire he should be shame status. He was an Akutenshi and the Susumu probably was something like that.

He was quick to explain to Gion what he needed and soon he was sitting comfortable smoking his pipe and listening to Aiko playing the shamisen.

He was already drinking sake. There were snacks on the table and tea. He had prepared another pipe just in case.

He had a room upstairs waiting if they needed more privacy.

He wore Konketsu, the mempo Dotai had given him. Mainly to make him understand that they had common friends. He wore the same when he lost his duel to Onita.
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Shugenja • Wardmaster • Kuroiban
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Susumu Ketsueki

Re: [Day 18, Midday] Through the Waterways (Ask)

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Ketsueki normally disliked Geisha Houses growing up. Shibatsu and Jaru-sensei always told him it was a necessary evil. But it was smiling fools, trading secrets for happy company. It was something unsettling to him.

But years in dealing in secrets dulls the man to such things. They were obsolete in his eyes. Better a quiet tea house, where the whispers were easier to hear.

But for a scorpion this is their home ground, their arena. And a scorpion Ketsueki is here to see.

He arrives at the table and bows to the Yogo.
"Katsuyori-san, how ARE you this day? Such an interesting morning already was it not?"
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Susumu Ketsueki wrote:Ketsueki normally disliked Geisha Houses growing up. Shibatsu and Jaru-sensei always told him it was a necessary evil. But it was smiling fools, trading secrets for happy company. It was something unsettling to him.

But years in dealing in secrets dulls the man to such things. They were obsolete in his eyes. Better a quiet tea house, where the whispers were easier to hear.

But for a scorpion this is their home ground, their arena. And a scorpion Ketsueki is here to see.

He arrives at the table and bows to the Yogo.
"Katsuyori-san, how ARE you this day? Such an interesting morning already was it not?"

Katsuyori bowed to the delegation head of his overlords.

"It was indeed glorious. A tale waiting to be told for twelve centuries. Shall you join me? We have much to discuss."

He montioned to a spot across him.

"I have taken some liberties and prepared a pipe for you. Sadly I did not have Liquid Void with me and I had to go for a way less potent recreational substance."

He added as he lit up his pipe. He waved to the artisan playing the samishen.

"I hope you enjoy her music. She had become my favorite passtime this winter court."
Description - Post D26 I mainly use my Death mask (check description), Post D27 I got Dreadlocks

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:19 pm

"Her music is lovely"

He takes his seat and takes a snack and enjoys it.

"I have heard much about you, my friendly Yogo. How may I be of assistance!"
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Susumu Ketsueki wrote:"Her music is lovely"

He takes his seat and takes a snack and enjoys it.

"I have heard much about you, my friendly Yogo. How may I be of assistance!"

Katsuyori chuckles, happy that he can speak with someone who seems to have manners.

"That depends Susumu-sama. As far as I know you have not requested to see me, even when I have accidentally hurt the feelings of the locals. So I pressume I have to be straight. I am starting a study group and I would love to hear your opinion on the matter. I usually consult servants of the kami, but in your case I might make an exception for once I think."

He exhaled a large cloud before also enjoying one of the snacks.

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:14 pm

He gives an inquisitive look.

"A study group? How interesting. Tell me, what matter of inquiry are you considering that would give me the privilege of this simple courtier being able to help you?"

His voice is kind and considerate, his smile that of a simple man looking to be helpful.

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Susumu Ketsueki wrote:He gives an inquisitive look.

"A study group? How interesting. Tell me, what matter of inquiry are you considering that would give me the privilege of this simple courtier being able to help you?"

His voice is kind and considerate, his smile that of a simple man looking to be helpful.

"A High Priest of the Blood might employ the facade of a courtier, but we both know that who ever underestimates you is in fopr a dire surprise. I will not do the same mistake."

He took a sip from his cup.

"As for my study is merely a punny attempt to understand how the actions of the Phoenix and those of our Glorious Emperor have affected the relations of other realms with Ningen-do. I hope you understand that we must understand how things work from the beginning now."

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:14 am

"Interesting, so you seek the opinion of the Order Obsidian."

His simple demeanor doesnt change, but his eyes show a more fascinated look to them. His voice is far more velvet, like a predator looking over potential prey.

"Very well, I tried to begin this conversation with the Phoenix before... but they mentioned that they had a plan, and what do you know it seems they are just finishing that business if this morning shows anything. I will help this 'study group' with anything information they inquire about. I would be interested in your conclusions."

Yogo Katsuyori

Postby Yogo Katsuyori » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:16 am

Susumu Ketsueki wrote:"Interesting, so you seek the opinion of the Order Obsidian."

His simple demeanor doesnt change, but his eyes show a more fascinated look to them. His voice is far more velvet, like a predator looking over potential prey.

"Very well, I tried to begin this conversation with the Phoenix before... but they mentioned that they had a plan, and what do you know it seems they are just finishing that business if this morning shows anything. I will help this 'study group' with anything information they inquire about. I would be interested in your conclusions."

'Good. I will need to know which member s of your delegation have the touch of the Jealous Realm and which the Blessing of its Lord. In case you do not have a way to do that I can advice you on the matter."

He actually felt for that?

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:39 am

"Ah, so THATS what you are looking into, you want to know about the Blessing? Now we are getting somewhere."

He smiles, like one piecing together a puzzle.

"Unfortunately, I cannot give that information away, the private and personal information of my delegation is not something relevant to your inquiry. You should know better then that, I assume the one that gave you the blessing at least told you as much?"

"Try another avenue, ask a different question."

Return to “Little Crow’s Perch”