[Day 0 - Early Evening] Go Time (Open)

Geisha within the lands of the Dragon Clan are renowned for their brilliance and wit. Those who live in the shadow of Shiro Mirumoto are far from an exception. The best girls are the most educated and have almost a monkish dedication to the pursuit of beauty through wisdom. The Perch’s okasan is Gion, a keen-tongued singer for whom rumors persist that she is the secret paramore of the Fortune Fukurokujin or is even the Oracle of Fire.
Kitsune Konjo

[Day 0 - Early Evening] Go Time (Open)

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:45 pm

A young man wearing green and brown sits across a Go table from an odd red furred creature in an open room next to the entrance of the Geisha house. From where the man of no more than seventeen summers sits, he can see every person that enters or exits Little Crow’s Perch.

A few maiko that are momentarily free of any duties sit nearby and comment on the game as it is played. Geisha periodically stop by to see how it has progressed.
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Gion

Re: [Day 0 - Early Evening] Go Time (Open)

Postby Gion » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:47 am

"Is he a cat? Or is he a raccoon? Is he both?" So inquired a girl in her seventh year to Konjo. She was in fine, but simple robes, not quite old enough to be one of the maiko trainees. She still kneeled casually and smiled at the creature. Does he have a name?

She looked over her shoulder and saw the much more splendidly-dressed adult woman distracted by other customers.

((OOC: This is the child dependant speaking, not Gion.))
Okasan of the Little Crow’s Perch | Dependant- Suneki

“Come in, come in! Have some tea, it will ward off the winter’s chill.”

Run by GM Shahai

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Konjō smiles at the sweet child, a full decade younger than himself. Oh, she is good. If she is such a natural at this age, I wonder what she'll be like at my age. Not that I'll be alive to see that.

"He answers to the name Naofumi. His people are called red pandas of fire foxes. But they are not cats, pandas, raccoons, or foxes. Perhaps just the best qualities of each."

Naofumi picks up a Go stone and hands it to the girl as a gift.
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Gion

Postby Gion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:45 am

The girl palms the stone quizzically. "I can't remember how many times I'm supposed to refuse it. Can we just say I refused and you gave it to me anyways?"

Run by GM Shahai

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:04 am

Konjō suppresses a chuckle. "I'm not giving anything, Naofumi is. And he doesn't know how many times to refuse it either."

Another smile.
"Take it. He'll be offended if you don't."

Gion

Postby Gion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:14 am

"Oh, of course." As if all suddenly made sense to her now. She smiled at Naofumi and paid the red panda a curt bow. "I am Suneki. You must be Naofumi."

Run by GM Shahai

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:40 am

Naofumi bobs his head at the small human. He then sits back on the cushion at looks at the Kitsune.

The man seems to get the message. He places a stone as he starts to speak. "Hello Suneki. I am Naofumi's friend, Konjō. We have come from Mantis lands many mountain ranges and valleys away from here."

Gion

Postby Gion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:57 am

Suneki listened attentively. "A Mantis? Mother says they come from the sea, but that there were none left. Are you the last one?"

Run by GM Shahai

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Konjō nods again. This wasn't the first time he had heard this opinion since leaving Zogeku. To hear it without the rancor or despair adults usually say it with was a nice change.

"Well, I'm from the Kitsune family and we come from the forest. And the Kingdom I was born in has many Mantis from all four families in it. We even have a Unicorn city with one of the biggest tent markets I have ever seen."

While his friend is speaking, Naofumi slips a round cracker from the snack bowl onto the goban instead of a Go stone.

Gion

Postby Gion » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:50 pm

The child listened in wonder. He face glowed with curiosity. 'What's a kingdom?"

Run by GM Shahai

Return to “Little Crow’s Perch”