[Day 0 - Early Evening] Go Time (Open)

Geisha within the lands of the Dragon Clan are renowned for their brilliance and wit. Those who live in the shadow of Shiro Mirumoto are far from an exception. The best girls are the most educated and have almost a monkish dedication to the pursuit of beauty through wisdom. The Perch’s okasan is Gion, a keen-tongued singer for whom rumors persist that she is the secret paramore of the Fortune Fukurokujin or is even the Oracle of Fire.
Kitsune Konjo

Re: [Day 0 - Early Evening] Go Time (Open)

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:26 pm

The girl's curiosity reminded the Kitsune of his sisters. He was happy to answer her. And the other ears, pretending not to listen.

"It's like an Empire, but this one is run entirely by the Mantis. We don't call it an Empire, I think, so that the Emperor of Rokugan won't get mad."

He then places a stone in a bid to take the tasty looking cracker.

Konjō looks again at Suneki after making his play. "But I'd bet you've seen that a lot before. Adults using different words with the same meanings so that they don't offend each other."
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Gion

Postby Gion » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:05 am

Suneki nodded most agreeably. "My mother uses those words a lot. Customers are guests. Money are gifts. People talk a lot and mean things that are something else... Maybe they're the same thing. But when I talk to ssna-"

A large fan gently interrupted Suneki, folding out between her and the guest.

"-Someone in practice of her conversation skills, she finds that there is more and more to learn before she is ready for guests." The warm and motherly face of Gion, the okasan paid a smile toward Konjo. "Apologies for interrupting your game. My daughter was on her way to finish some chores before finding herself distracted."

Suneki peeked back at the red panda from behind the fan, but otherwise kept her silence.
Okasan of the Little Crow’s Perch | Dependant- Suneki

“Come in, come in! Have some tea, it will ward off the winter’s chill.”

Run by GM Shahai

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:38 am

Naofumi first looked at the fan between him and the small human. He then decides that she is more fun than the fan and tries to peek around.

Konjō has a soft look in his eyes as he watches Suneki and Naofumi peek at each other.

"It is no interruption, O-ka-san." His pronunciation of title recognized her as an Honored Mother, not just as the proprietor of the house. It didn't hurt that the not-quite-extinct Mantis bowed respectfully. "She has a natural talent for getting people speak and relax around her. Something that even the trained courtiers of the Great Clans can't achieve easily. If this is the unrefined state of your daughter, then you'd best beware. The Crane will seek to immortalize her in plays and poetry when she is in full bloom."
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Gion

Postby Gion » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:20 am

"We are confident she will find her voice somewhere, Konjo-sama. She takes after her mother." She gestured Suneki over to the door where the kitchen probably awaited behind. Suneki obeyed, eyeing the peculiar creature every step of the way. "It is said by many that the... Kingdom you live in is a warm and Summerly place. I have heard tales from Dragon samurai that the Snow Maiden does not visit there."

Run by GM Shahai

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:46 am

The Kitsune didn't even blink when his friend returned to the game and placed a shogi peice, a ryūō, down. The maiko whispered and wondered where it came from. Konjō knew that pondering that was a waste of time.

While contemplating his next move, the Zogekuan (OoC: it sounded right :?: ), continues speak with the Mistress of the House.
"There are high mountains in Zogeku that cling to the Snow Maiden like a jealous lover. Like these mountains we find ourselves in, those snows provide water to our rivers long after the monsoons are gone. But as you say, much of our home is a very warm place. So warm, that what is consider decent is... different than here in the Empire."

Clack
A stone was placed.

Gion

Postby Gion » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:10 am

"And the little one you have befriended, he must enjoy your lands as well. To have such warm winters and peculiar foods. A traveling soul, no doubt." Gion looked fondly to the cute thing as it played go. Nevermind that it probably tracked in dirt and she would need Suneki to clean every inch of where it stepped. The creature just presented itself so adorably. "Oh, but even such souls need their rest and comfort."

The Okasan flicked her fan deftly with a signal and one of the maiko was at her side in an instant. "Ebiyama sake for the gentleman for the gentleman and ginko nuts for the panda."

Run by GM Shahai

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:47 am

Naofumi looks the Summoner right in the eye and then advances the ryūō. Konjō nods and places a stone to block.

"My friend, Naofumi, enjoys a great many things. Including the snow. We have traveled through much of Zogeku together. We have Searched for Nobumoto. And now we have come here, to the Old Empire."

"But surely, you have better stories than our own," he adds humbly.

Gion

Postby Gion » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Gion clicked her fan shut and thought for a chord of the biwa strumming in the background. "I know a few. This one I learned from a guest a long time ago.

Gyosan asked Shinsei, "If a million objects come to you, what should you you do?" Shinsei answered, 'A green article is not yellow. A long thing is not short. Each object manages its own fate. Why should I interfere with them?" Gyosan bowed in homage.*

"Simple words that keep me focused. We here at the Perch dwell on the outside world as it comes to and deal accordingly."

((*Original text from Zen Koans 1973, collected by Gyomay M. Kubose))

Run by GM Shahai

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Konjō watched as the read panda placed another Go stone and left the ryūō where it was.

"You have a more serene approach to the world out side those doors than most do. We are glad for the Serenity that you shelter us in. However brief."

Gion

Postby Gion » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:34 pm

"The world beyond comes and we act as we can. You are from there, no doubt. I trust your home has its own pleasantries."

Run by GM Shahai

Return to “Little Crow’s Perch”