[Day 30, Early Evening] Stocking Up (open)

The price of a bowl of noodles is exorbitant due to Kanpeki’s famine and the owner has considered closing shop altogether due to inflation and impending doom. Favors are the most popular currency here and Gorobei is keeping his tabs close this Winter.
Yoritomo Waito

Re: [Day 30, Early Evening] Stocking Up (open)

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:51 am

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"If Waito would have cheated me, whose fault is that, hm?"

"Waito never cheated anyone who coulda caught him at it. Made a point of it. Too prideful of his success at it, even." Midori smiles at the memory.
"He made the world more interesting and kept me on my toes. I expect Midori will do the same, in his way."

"It is better to create interesting times than to live in them. I am confident that Daigotsu Yukari-sama will continue to provide a grounded view to keep those around from being caught up in their own fancies."
Midori

Monk • Experienced Yoritomo Waito

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 am

"Just so."

She looked down at her empty udon bowl.

"If you ever find yourself in Otosan Uchi, Midori-san, don't be a stranger. I think you'd like the harbor."
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:05 am

"As the custodian of Waito's sins, it behoves me to check up on his legacies. To confirm that they're being put to noble use, and bettering the Mantis in his absence. I look forward to seeing quite the magnificent city. If its people are anything like yerself, it must be quite the place."

The monk tosses his bowl back to Gorobei. "Thank you for the meal, Daigiotsu-sama. May those Fortunes as you'd have time for guide your path. I'll see if I can't distract the others for you."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 am

Yukari smiled and bowed to the formerly-green monk.

"Carry the Fortunes, Midori-san. As many as you can hold, anyway."
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:22 am

"One way or another I'll finally answer that question of how many Fortunes can dance in the back of a kobune," the monk asserts. "I mean, monks try to solve nonsense, aye? I'm going to be the best monk ever."

He bows to the samurai first, then the chef - "Top class noodles as always, Gorobei-sama" - and heads on his way.

/scene?
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:26 am

[/scene!]

Return to “Gorobei's Noodles”