[Day 11 LA] Refreshment Part 2

For generations, the lords of the Dragon Clan have sworn to the quality of the noodle dishes made at this humble establishment. Many guests of the Dragon are delighted at their recommendations only to discover the noodles are made from millet instead of rice. It is said by Kayo’s descendant’s that the Dragon Champion himself blessed this place many generations ago during a rice shortage. Kayo had offered the Togashi Lord his last bowl of rice noodles and had only millet left. From that day forward, his family was never without what they needed.
Isawa Akiko

[Day 11 LA] Refreshment Part 2

Postby Isawa Akiko » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:54 am

From the teahouse to the noodle shop. The Moshi and the Isawa are an unusual pair, but they seem in relatively high spirits.

A small pause, outside the noodle store, and there is a small discussion about which stores to frequent after they eat, and concern about whether time will delay their browsing of the markets and shops until some other day. It seems they reach a mutual decision: whatever happens will happen. If the Fortunes will that they engage in retail therapy at some other time, they shall. For now, there is a good meal to be had... and the promise of a good drink later in the evening. That should ward off the chill!

Idle chatter, more carefree than careless. They enter the noodleshop, and take a seat. The table has room for more than just the two of them.

[[OOC: Making this post on the assumption that the teahouse thread will start off just with Janisha and Akiko, but it is entirely likely that more people might be joining them from there. Just doing this so the thread is up and running so we can get Ladies' Night started :D
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Moshi Janisha

Re: [Day 11 LA] Refreshment Part 2

Postby Moshi Janisha » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Isawa Akiko wrote:From the teahouse to the noodle shop. The Moshi and the Isawa are an unusual pair, but they seem in relatively high spirits.

A small pause, outside the noodle store, and there is a small discussion about which stores to frequent after they eat, and concern about whether time will delay their browsing of the markets and shops until some other day. It seems they reach a mutual decision: whatever happens will happen. If the Fortunes will that they engage in retail therapy at some other time, they shall. For now, there is a good meal to be had... and the promise of a good drink later in the evening. That should ward off the chill!

"You should have gone up, Akiko-san. I would have loved to hear you play," Janisha said with a smile, "The art exhibit comes but once this court...and their are far to few of us who are able to share our art.

Besides, I am sure you would have sounded great," Sitting down at the table she considers what she wants to eat, before she asked, "Have you been here before?"
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Moshi Janisha wrote:"You should have gone up, Akiko-san. I would have loved to hear you play," Janisha said with a smile, "The art exhibit comes but once this court...and their are far to few of us who are able to share our art.

Besides, I am sure you would have sounded great," Sitting down at the table she considers what she wants to eat, before she asked, "Have you been here before?"

"Janisha-san, I did! I would not have missed this opportunity for the world!" She sighs faintly. "Evidently I played too soon, or too softly, to be noticed. I was going to play a second time, as a duet with Yasuki-san. He said he was going to join me for a duet, but he never came. A pity, really. But I don't blame him. This Court has become... quite frantic."

There is a determined smile, a distraction from the mention of the current events. "Your artwork seemed quite popular, Janisha-san. You must be proud."
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:50 pm

Mei arrives at the noodles shop without much commitment, she just wanted to enjoy a quiet afternoon far from the hassles of the court.

She takes her sit at the table and asks the attendant for a meal, but coincidentally she was close enough to hear the conversation between the women. When she recognizes Moshi Janisha, the girl approaches and greets the family bowing, her face lit with intense joy.

After being acknowledged, she says "Moshi-san! How nice to see you this afternoon! Yesterday we had a fruitful night, no?" referring to the encounter between the clan "Are you having an agreeable day?"

Then she turns to the Isawa present and greets her with a bow "Isawa-san, I believe we were not introduced, my name is Yoritomo Mei! I saw you play beautifully your shamisen just before my own performance in the Art Exhibition, and I still didn't get a chance to say how amazing it was!"
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:39 am

((OOC: This is what I get for reply from my Phone))

Isawa Akiko wrote:"Janisha-san, I did! I would not have missed this opportunity for the world!" She sighs faintly. "Evidently I played too soon, or too softly, to be noticed. I was going to play a second time, as a duet with Yasuki-san. He said he was going to join me for a duet, but he never came. A pity, really. But I don't blame him. This Court has become... quite frantic."

"To soon I think, rather then too quietly, but maybe I was too far away," She paused to consider the other option, that the arguement between the two Champions of the Mantis had distracted her, but dismissed it. It was most likely, but she wouldn't ruin the mood by thinking of that. They were making steps to unite the Mantis, she was spending time with her friend, Court was over for the day and they were discussing their art.

What more could she want.
"Your artwork seemed quite popular, Janisha-san. You must be proud."

Looking slightly embarrassed she said, "It wasn't what it should have been. I went too political, got too caught up in what I wanted to say, rather then how to say it. It should have been better, and I am amazed at how much attention it earned despite its flaws. Its truly humbling to think I moved as many as I did."

The smile didn't leave her face though, "Do you have any talent with a paintbrush, Akiko-san? I am sure it would be great fun to see what our combined efforts could produce if you do."

Yoritomo Mei wrote:Then she turns to the Isawa present and greets her with a bow "Isawa-san, I believe we were not introduced, my name is Yoritomo Mei! I saw you play beautifully your shamisen just before my own performance in the Art Exhibition, and I still didn't get a chance to say how amazing it was!"

Janisha turns her face and smile to the Yoritomo. Now this was promising. If anything would keep the mood up it was the presence of one of the Yoritomo. She bows from her sitting position and replies, "Yoritomo-sama, how are you this afternoon?" she gestures to Akiko, "My companion is Isawa Akiko-san, as you said, a talented shamisen player, Shugenja, and sage of the dice."

With the formalities out of the way, she continues, "As for the day, it has been most agreeable and it promises to get better and better I hope. Would you care to join us? The hope is by the end of the day we shall forget every concern that could possibly phase us, and thus far it seems to be going well."
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:14 am

Moshi Janisha wrote:The smile didn't leave her face though, "Do you have any talent with a paintbrush, Akiko-san? I am sure it would be great fun to see what our combined efforts could produce if you do."

She holds up a hand, smiling in polite denial. "Only with a calligraphy brush, Janisha-san. But perhaps, with the right teacher and practice, I might be able to create something that could be called 'art'. Even if only politely." She covers her smile as she laughs.

Yoritomo Mei wrote:Then she turns to the Isawa present and greets her with a bow "Isawa-san, I believe we were not introduced, my name is Yoritomo Mei! I saw you play beautifully your shamisen just before my own performance in the Art Exhibition, and I still didn't get a chance to say how amazing it was!"

As the Yoritomo approaches and bows, Akiko's face lights up. She makes her bow as Janisha introduces her. "Yoritomo-san, it is a pleasure to meet you! Your dance was incredible! You moved with such grace and poise. It was a privilege to watch you." She makes another bow. "Please, yes, as Janisha says, you are most welcome to join us. I believe there is a saying, 'the more the merrier', and we very much intend to be merry by the time the night reaches us."

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Mao, still unsure why she was there--but one must have food, yes?--was momentarily content to listen to others rather than speak. She nodded to Mei when the courtier arrived.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:47 pm

Moshi Janisha wrote: "Yoritomo-sama, how are you this afternoon?" she gestures to Akiko, "My companion is Isawa Akiko-san, as you said, a talented shamisen player, Shugenja, and sage of the dice."

With the formalities out of the way, she continues, "As for the day, it has been most agreeable and it promises to get better and better I hope. Would you care to join us? The hope is by the end of the day we shall forget every concern that could possibly phase us, and thus far it seems to be going well."

Isawa Akiko wrote:As the Yoritomo approaches and bows, Akiko's face lights up. She makes her bow as Janisha introduces her. "Yoritomo-san, it is a pleasure to meet you! Your dance was incredible! You moved with such grace and poise. It was a privilege to watch you." She makes another bow. "Please, yes, as Janisha says, you are most welcome to join us. I believe there is a saying, 'the more the merrier', and we very much intend to be merry by the time the night reaches us."

"My afternoon has also been too nice, but it will certainly look better when joining good companies to appreciate the lack of concern for the rest of the day!" she moves to sit next to Janisha and Akiko, and the attendant soon after serves her noodles, and a cup of sake "Thank you very much!". She eats most of the noodles the first few times she reaches the food with her hashi.

"Your words are the most kind, Isawa-san! I also really appreciated your paintings, Moshi-san, it seemed a very individual expression! They were related to the figures of your homeland? The painting called Change is very thought-provoking, since it is open to interpretations!"

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:Mao, still unsure why she was there--but one must have food, yes?--was momentarily content to listen to others rather than speak. She nodded to Mei when the courtier arrived.

She sees Mao, goes to her and leads her, with hands on her shoulders, to join the women. "Mao-san, please join us! As our friends said, 'the more the merrier'! Let's celebrate!" when arriving at the women, she presents Mao "Girls, this is Mao-san, our skilled bounty hunter!"
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:10 am

Janisha smiles, a touch of amusement in her face, "Tsuruchi-sama joined us before you did, Yoritomo-sama. It shouldn't surprise me, for the Mantis ever know when some form of entertainment occurring, and the Tsuruchi's ability to track means they are sure to find it first."

At the Mei's words Janisha blushes more openly, humbled by there compliments of her work, "I thank you for your kind words, Yoritomo-sama. The Ivindi is based off the form of artwork the natives of Zogeku practice, its patterns and lines what inspired me to pick up a brush in the first place. When I have the chance, I like to share it with the world." She assumed Mei was referring to that, rather then the painting she had dubbed Hope after her meeting with the Crab. The plan was to speak of the good after all.

"As for Change... I am glad you enjoyed it. I must admit I was somewhat worried how that one would be received. There are those who change is something to be feared. I am glad to be proven mistaken."

Isawa Akiko wrote:She holds up a hand, smiling in polite denial. "Only with a calligraphy brush, Janisha-san. But perhaps, with the right teacher and practice, I might be able to create something that could be called 'art'. Even if only politely." She covers her smile as she laughs.

Her attention turning back to Akiko, she said, "I may have to hold you to that, Akiko-san. Calligraphy takes control, and a mastery of lines, hooks and other such parts of the Kanji. I am sure we can find something to take advantage of what you already know. But for now," A servant brings over the noodles, and Janisha nods her head in gratitude, "For now, we eat."
Description

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:13 am

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:Mao, still unsure why she was there--but one must have food, yes?--was momentarily content to listen to others rather than speak. She nodded to Mei when the courtier arrived.

Yoritomo Mei wrote:"My afternoon has also been too nice, but it will certainly look better when joining good companies to appreciate the lack of concern for the rest of the day!"

Moshi Janisha wrote:"I may have to hold you to that, Akiko-san. Calligraphy takes control, and a mastery of lines, hooks and other such parts of the Kanji. I am sure we can find something to take advantage of what you already know. But for now," A servant brings over the noodles, and Janisha nods her head in gratitude, "For now, we eat."

She claps her hands in delight, laughter bubbling out of her. An easy sound, for she was relieved not only to be in such company, but to find that such company was wonderful. None of the poison of court or the fears or troubles of the world around them. Yes, wonderful. Refreshing.

"Are you going to become my painting teacher, Janisha-san?" She makes a small bow, as she pulls her bowl of noodles a little closer. "I look forward to the lesson, and to seeing if I have any artistic talent, in your estimation."

She examines the noodles before eating them. The humble millet grain might not be as vaulted as the rice, but this place had such a wonderful history, a marvellous story to tell. And the food was good, and warming, and filling, which was just what this howling winter's day called for. Strength for body and mind. She slurps loudly to show her appreciation of the meal. Wonderful.

Between mouthfuls, she sets down her chopsticks and smiles at the Yoritomo. "As I mentioned to Mao-san, Janisha-san and I were planning on going shopping after this. Whether to admire what is available, or to find ourselves something new, it should be a very diverting way to spend the last part of the day. And then, as night comes, we plan on sampling sake in the Laughing Badger. Would you care to join us?"

Return to “Kayo's Noodles”