[Day 11 LA] Refreshment Part 2

For generations, the lords of the Dragon Clan have sworn to the quality of the noodle dishes made at this humble establishment. Many guests of the Dragon are delighted at their recommendations only to discover the noodles are made from millet instead of rice. It is said by Kayo’s descendant’s that the Dragon Champion himself blessed this place many generations ago during a rice shortage. Kayo had offered the Togashi Lord his last bowl of rice noodles and had only millet left. From that day forward, his family was never without what they needed.
Moshi Janisha

Re: [Day 11 LA] Refreshment Part 2

Postby Moshi Janisha » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:04 am

Isawa Akiko wrote:"Are you going to become my painting teacher, Janisha-san?" She makes a small bow, as she pulls her bowl of noodles a little closer. "I look forward to the lesson, and to seeing if I have any artistic talent, in your estimation."

"That was the intent Akiko-san," A smile graced her lips, "It may be a touch gaijin, for the artistic style I am thinking of does not exist in Rokugan, but it will suit what you already know quite well."

Isawa Akiko wrote:Between mouthfuls, she sets down her chopsticks and smiles at the Yoritomo. "As I mentioned to Mao-san, Janisha-san and I were planning on going shopping after this. Whether to admire what is available, or to find ourselves something new, it should be a very diverting way to spend the last part of the day. And then, as night comes, we plan on sampling sake in the Laughing Badger. Would you care to join us?"

Janisha nods, "It is always good to have a Yoritomo with you when the sake starts to flow, and I can promise you a sampling of some of the more interesting drinks in Zogeku. Please, you really must join in."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Yoritomo Mei

Postby Yoritomo Mei » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:17 am

Isawa Akiko wrote:Between mouthfuls, she sets down her chopsticks and smiles at the Yoritomo. "As I mentioned to Mao-san, Janisha-san and I were planning on going shopping after this. Whether to admire what is available, or to find ourselves something new, it should be a very diverting way to spend the last part of the day. And then, as night comes, we plan on sampling sake in the Laughing Badger. Would you care to join us?"

Moshi Janisha wrote:Janisha nods, "It is always good to have a Yoritomo with you when the sake starts to flow, and I can promise you a sampling of some of the more interesting drinks in Zogeku. Please, you really must join in."

Mei feels very comfortable for being able to share some moments out of the formality, subtlety, and poison of the court, with which she still put an effort to get used to. She really appreciated her companies for the day and Mao's presence made her even more safe and confident.

"Moshi-san, Isawa-san... then I will not refuse your invitation! It would be a pleasure to follow you today wherever you go! I really need a break and I have no plans for this afternoon! And of course, it will be even better with Mao-san joining us!" she smiles broadly, quite relaxed "And sure, I am available to try out any novelty that may be presented to me... just as I am willing to be a good company for sake!"
Nativist Mantis • Merchant and Actress • Yoritomo Courtier • Dangerous Beauty • Hero of the people • Sensation

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:38 am

Moshi Janisha wrote:Painting and drinks!

Yoritomo Mei wrote:Is so chill, she's great.

"Let me know when you are free, Janisha-san, and I shall be your student!"

She smiles broadly, and makes a bow to the Yoritomo. And to the Tsuruchi as well. "It will be a pleasure to have you join us. I look forward to spending the evening relaxing in such fine company!" She laughs, and takes a few more mouthfuls of noodle. Simple but filling. Just what they need before a night of drinking (according to those books she had read: a good meal first helps to prevent alcohol from being too overpowering!).
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:39 am

Isawa Akiko wrote:"Let me know when you are free, Janisha-san, and I shall be your student!"

Janisha nodded, "I will see what I can find ahead when I get back to the Embassy. It likely wont be before day 17 however. Probably closer to day 18." She goes back to eating her noodles, wondering where the conversation would move to next.

I will have to be careful....but maybe if I make it a different paint it will work just fine. No need to make things awkward and related to my skin dye.
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Return to “Kayo's Noodles”