[D19 EE]You Gonna Finish That?(Ask)

For generations, the lords of the Dragon Clan have sworn to the quality of the noodle dishes made at this humble establishment. Many guests of the Dragon are delighted at their recommendations only to discover the noodles are made from millet instead of rice. It is said by Kayo’s descendant’s that the Dragon Champion himself blessed this place many generations ago during a rice shortage. Kayo had offered the Togashi Lord his last bowl of rice noodles and had only millet left. From that day forward, his family was never without what they needed.
Soshi Kazusa

Re: [D19 EE]You Gonna Finish That?(Ask)

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Susumu Ketsueki wrote:He looks quite inquisitive, with a hint of concern.

"With amount of crystal hiding in this castle? I would be surprised", she says. The food arrives. Simple millet ramen to keep on going through a cold night. Kazusa nods to the servant and partakes.

"Were you expecting company of that sort?"
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:22 am

"Were you expecting company of that sort?"

He gives a knowing smile.

"Alas, it would be a surprise indeed."

When the food arrives he takes a simple bite, enjoying the taste.

"On another note, I received the most peculiar gift earlier today. The Gyushi presented a suit of armor, commissioned by Emma-O himself apparently. Quite fascinating, a true piece of art. He mentioned that his father had reforged the Spear of Emma-O as well some years ago. How interesting to see the fortune take an interest in the mortal world again, no? It makes sense, as the absence of the heavens leaves a gap that the other realms now seek to fill, but for the Death Fortune to be clothing people in armor and even arming them with his weapons, quite fascinating."
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Susumu Ketsueki wrote:"On another note, I received the most peculiar gift earlier today. The Gyushi presented a suit of armor, commissioned by Emma-O himself apparently. Quite fascinating, a true piece of art. He mentioned that his father had reforged the Spear of Emma-O as well some years ago. How interesting to see the fortune take an interest in the mortal world again, no? It makes sense, as the absence of the heavens leaves a gap that the other realms now seek to fill, but for the Death Fortune to be clothing people in armor and even arming them with his weapons, quite fascinating."

"Oh, you didn't know? It's a simple bit of history, in the Winter Court of Toshi Ranbo in 1199 the spear was reforged and given to a Scorpion samurai, a bow with the blessing Meido was gifted to a Lion. The Fotune himself had a hand in all of this, and guided them to the moment they were needed, which was to save Princess Miaka from an Oni that had infiltrated the sacred grounds of the city. Apparently, these samurai along with many, many others succeeded. Though the tale often forgets a particular Toku who was at court that year, who gave up his soul to bind the Oni so it could be killed. Interesting, neh?"
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:38 pm

" I've heard of the Toku, he is something of a legend among the Spider, the embodiment of Mankind's destiny to be the master of the Oni and the costs that must be paid in that duty. While he was denied his infernal place in Jigoku by the Black Camellia, his sacrifice was worthy of respect."

He takes another mouthful of noodles, pondering the responses given.

"But a Scorpion had the spear? How fascinating. Does your clan know what happened with that sacred spear? The potential of such a relic would be immense."

A weapon that can kill a god...
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Susumu Ketsueki wrote:"But a Scorpion had the spear? How fascinating. Does your clan know what happened with that sacred spear? The potential of such a relic would be immense."

Kazusa finishes a mouthful of noodles.

"Oh, you didn't know?" She quirks an eyebrow at him. "His name is Bayushi Norimasa, he gained no small fame for his part. Though as to whether or not he still has it, who knows?" She sips tea. "He vanished when the first seal was broken. That's what his grandfather told me, in any case."

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:51 pm

"I was in the colonies during that time and shortly after things became... complicated. Never the less, such a weapon must be a marvel for sure. I will have to look into that later upon my return, I have a few favors that can help me possibly figure out that story."

He smiles.

"Never the less, talking about potentially powerful things we cant keep a grip on, what is your opinion on this "Princess of Ashes"?"

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:07 pm

"She lacks experience and wisdom, she claims to act for herself, but in truth her ideals rule her", Kazusa says. "I've had the pleasure of discussion with her a few times. We've spoken about her before, as well, if you recall."

"I do not believe much has changed since then", she adds. "Ah, unless you have finally spoken to her."

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:49 am

"I have learned much about her yes. She is all you say is true. Perhaps the Emerald Emperor for once is showing wisdom. A trip throughout the other clans will teach her many unique lessons. Better to have her learn and become more worthy over the next year then simply charging into death as the others seem fit to do in spring."

He takes a bite of noodles before finishing.

"Right now she is useless to our ends, but in a year... we shall see if such a blunt weapon can be sharpened into a sword worthy of the destiny she will have."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:21 pm

"I think it takes more than a year", Kazusa shrugged and slurped noodles. "Though there may be no other choice for her."

She places her chopsticks down. "Now, as to her destiny, that can take a very long time to fulfill. How do you view it, Ketsueki-san?" She sips from her drink.

Return to “Kayo's Noodles”