[Day 25 - LA] - Second Chance (Ask)

For generations, the lords of the Dragon Clan have sworn to the quality of the noodle dishes made at this humble establishment. Many guests of the Dragon are delighted at their recommendations only to discover the noodles are made from millet instead of rice. It is said by Kayo’s descendant’s that the Dragon Champion himself blessed this place many generations ago during a rice shortage. Kayo had offered the Togashi Lord his last bowl of rice noodles and had only millet left. From that day forward, his family was never without what they needed.
Shiba Michio

Re: [Day 25 - LA] - Second Chance (Ask)

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:41 am

"And what about moments?"
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Yasuki Yamase

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:44 am

"Depends on the moment. Sex is right out; a pregnancy now means I'm unable to be at war when every hand is needed. And while every Crab mother is a heroine in her own right, I'm not quite ready for that path." She frowns, looking for the noodle shop owner.

A shrug, "A good conversation and memories to keep in mind in the middle of the night on the frontline can only help."
Bushi * Crab Clan * Kuge * 1213 Topaz Champion * Iron Scales of the Carp

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:21 am

Michio almost coughs. Almost. "The thought never crossed my mind!"

He composes himself as bowls of noodles finally arrive. "If I may ask, you said something about Kazusa-san saving your life?"
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Yasuki Yamase

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:24 am

"Never crossed your mind eh?" She smirks a bit, then shakes her head.

"Hai. She did. Probably shouldn't have said anything, as its not my secret."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:29 am

"No, it stayed a while to tell stories then set up camp."

He looks around for a tea cup. Failing to find one, he instead picks up the bow of soup. "It's your life but not your secret? The way of the Scorpion are mysterious indeed."
"This is a start."

Yasuki Yamase

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:35 am

A raised eyebrow. "Considering between the two of the people involved, only one of them would be killed should the secret get out, and its not me? I expect its not so mysterious."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:52 am

"Well enough. I will ask her then when next we speak. It is a strange thing, to think of speaking with the Scorpion once again."

He carefully samples his noodles. "For myself, I hoped to have more time to write. It has been a long time since I had peace to put brush to scroll."
"This is a start."

Yasuki Yamase

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:02 am

A small wince. "As much as I like poetry, I've not put a lot of work into my calligraphy, I admit."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:43 am

"I fear is was more than just brushwork. I am working on a comparison of copies of the Tao and some of our oldest stories of Shiba-kami, along with historical events from the past thousand years or so. It is something to keep me occupied and my mind focused during the evenings."

He shakes his head. "Hardly practical."
"This is a start."

Yasuki Yamase

Postby Yasuki Yamase » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:45 am

A raised eyebrow. "Sure. And a poem is the most practical past time, as my sensei told me time and time again." She is very obviously exaggerating as she's utterly unable to stretch the truth over that amount of sarcasm.

"What've you learned?"

Return to “Kayo's Noodles”