[Day 0, Early morning] The sun rises, the scorpion lurks (Open)

For generations, the lords of the Dragon Clan have sworn to the quality of the noodle dishes made at this humble establishment. Many guests of the Dragon are delighted at their recommendations only to discover the noodles are made from millet instead of rice. It is said by Kayo’s descendant’s that the Dragon Champion himself blessed this place many generations ago during a rice shortage. Kayo had offered the Togashi Lord his last bowl of rice noodles and had only millet left. From that day forward, his family was never without what they needed.
Susumu Ketsueki

Re: [Day 0, Early morning] The sun rises, the scorpion lurks (Open)

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Ketsueki smiled, gave a hearty chuckle before interrupting.

"Rin-san you flatter me, I wouldn't have been able to accomplish half of that without a good shot at my side!"

But indeed those were good times. It's only a pity catching the Chuda wasn't as exciting. But it WAS an amazing shot. So I engage this guy, dancing around his sorcery and undead guards, drawing him in into an open space when BLAM!"

Ketsueki slams his fist onto the table.

"An arrow flys 100 yards, through a frozen tree line, PASSING A MERE FEW INCHES FROM MY FACE, nailing the bastard right in the eye. This was right as he was about to finish some silly ritual to turn my blood into sulfur or something. The undead drop like rocks and in the silence all I can hear is Rin shouting 'I DIDNT MISS DID I' like the pompous Kakita. I would have laughed too but she scared the life outta me."

He sits back continuing to chuckle
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:59 pm

The Scorpion watches them with great interest as they narrate their story. "That is a story that a lot of warriors would envy. To be honest I have never been in the countryside myself. Not like this, at least. This is the point where I will have to admit that I am a bit envy, as well. It must have been great. You two are very brave going against a man like the one you described." She leans a bit closer over the table. "Those people are dangerous in a lot of different levels. I hope you didn't catch... a cold... or anything else that night."
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Tsuruchi Rin

Postby Tsuruchi Rin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:24 pm

Rin was still smiling. "Oh, not to worry Onasugamiso-san. There were no curses or lingering evil spells once the Chuda was down. I think he died before he had a chance to prepare any nasty surprises. The one thing I've noticed about necromancers is that they're always so damned arrogant. They think nothing can stop them. That's what makes it so fun to see the look on their faces when you take them down."

She looked over at the Scorpion. "You may not have been in battle, but I'm sure you've encountered something strange in these strange times, haven't you?"
Nativist Mantis. Bounty Hunter. Favored of Bishamon.

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:57 pm

"As a Scorpion I'm sure she has encountered MANY strange things. But I will say thankfully we caught nothing in that encounter. I didn't have to touch the undead bastards, just draw them into the open. We simply got what we needed and left, thankfully nothing more and nothing less."

He winks at the Scorpion.
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:46 pm

The Bayushi sighs in apparent relief. "Thank the kami." She whispers behind her fan.

She lowers her fan and smirks. "Strangeness? Isn't that a mark of our times? I have seen strange... things, but I have never encountered danger in such a direct manner."
Loyal * Courtier * Storyteller * Dangerous Beauty * Rep Killer * Has studied her scrolls * Description

Tsuruchi Rin

Postby Tsuruchi Rin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:52 pm

"Well, if you're not careful coming down from the mountains I'm sure you'll find something. And I'd be careful heading back to the Scorpion lands. Unless things work out very well for you at this court I wouldn't doubt the Crab or the Lion might want to give you an up-close sight of battle. If that happens, my advice is not to be a hero and leave the fighting to the bushi I'm sure your delegation has. What are the Scorpion lands like these days? I haven't had any bounties take me back that way in a while, but from what I hear, the Onyx Empire is leaving scorched earth everywhere they go. Are your heimin doing well?"

Bayushi Onasugamiso

Postby Bayushi Onasugamiso » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:08 pm

"Our heimin prosper, I would say. In some parts they haven't seen a battle since Kyuden Bayushi fell and it's been more than fifteen years since that happened. I wouldn't worry about traps in our trip back home, though. The Lion are too civilized to deny us safe passage for returning to our homes after an imperial, to them, winter court in which we were officially invited. As for others ambushing our path... We'll see at the time."

Tsuruchi Rin

Postby Tsuruchi Rin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:50 pm

"Then they are fortunate. Not many heimin can say that these days." She looked troubled by that. "In most places, the heimin are threatened by the oni, the undead, and the worse monsters of your allies."

Return to “Kayo's Noodles”