[Day 0 - Mid Day] Strained noodles [Open]

For generations, the lords of the Dragon Clan have sworn to the quality of the noodle dishes made at this humble establishment. Many guests of the Dragon are delighted at their recommendations only to discover the noodles are made from millet instead of rice. It is said by Kayo’s descendant’s that the Dragon Champion himself blessed this place many generations ago during a rice shortage. Kayo had offered the Togashi Lord his last bowl of rice noodles and had only millet left. From that day forward, his family was never without what they needed.
Akodo Tetsu

Re: [Day 0 - Mid Day] Strained noodles [Private]

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Tetsu returns the bow and gives Kazusa a level gaze. "We have been instructed to act with honor and to work towards betterment of the Empire as is necessary."
Lion - Tactician - soul of Akodo Yama

I am a Lion, hear my roar "Rawr" ='w'=
Bio & appearance

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:25 pm

"As expected, of course", she keeps the gaze locked. "Yet to act with honor, and to act in accordance of your honor, as history has proven, can oft mean two very different things." She pushes her cup toward the Akodo, perhaps she might have some amazake after all.

"I would not put upon you, but harsh choices are the all the world seems to serve us these days."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Tetsu fills the offered cup.

"Yet it is during such times and harsh choices that it is most important we act according to our principles."

Bio & appearance

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:32 pm

"Akodo-san", she doesn't falter, as what else can one expect of a Lion...but she does pause to make certain her thoughts are properly ordered to speak...because a misstep so early would be a true shame. "I agree principles are important, but you must understand that Jigoku neither has principles nor recognizes them. An honorable opponent will acknowledge your valor, will honor your death, return your daisho to your family and tell the tale of how you ended service to your lord with care." She shakes her head. "That is not Jigoku's way, and it is your opponent."

She takes up the cup. "Kampai." Then drinks.

"I neither suggest nor demand your abandon principle, but I wish you to know that failure to adapt may end in your ignoble death by starvation. Consider the alternatives. The Onyx throne will provide, it has the power to do so."
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Akodo Tetsu

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:00 pm

"It does not matter what my opponent is, it does not matter how I will find my end and should nothing of my passing be know. My family and Lord will know, I stood before my opponent on my feet with my back straight as my steel with honor and will greet my Ancestors knowing I did my duty."

Taking his cup in hand. "And it is a death by the blade I will have before I will bow before a throne that would Taint all before it. Kampai" Drinks the cup.

Tetsu bows and moves to leave. "I would say thanks for the conversation but it seems I came expecting a Scorpion and found a Spider. I feel we have nothing more to say for today and will take my leave."

Bio & appearance

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:06 pm

"If that is your will, Akodo-san, so be it", she seems to say in answer to both comments. She returns his bow, her face betraying a bit of sadness, though who could say over what?

Akodo Tetsu

Re: [Day 0 - Mid Day] Strained noodles [Open]

Postby Akodo Tetsu » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Akodo Tetsu leaves.

(From this point on the thread is opened)

Bio & appearance

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Kazusa relaxed her breath, then drank her cup of amazake, placing it down. Looking at the largely untouched noodles across from her, she pulled the bowl towards herself properly and then ate. She was very hungry, and something aside corpse rotten fish would be glorious.

Shosuro Tosaku

Postby Shosuro Tosaku » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:42 pm

Rio moved through the area getting looks here and there as he made us way to the noodle house. He took off the cloak that he worse looking like the dark sand of the desert. His kimono white underneath portraying a rather odd color for him but he did not mind it at all. One part desert one part unicorn all parts something else entirely. He held his cloak as he made his way inside. The chill here in the mountains had in part not let up but the noodle house was warm enough. He found a lion leaving and bowed in passing.

His veiled mask was off as well all the better to eat and he was hungry. He sat down not across at same table from the scorpion but at a table so that he could observe the one eating not to interrupt them while they ate. The younger of the generation and for him he wondered really how far their counterparts in the Onyx empire had changed. he said nothing for the moment.
"Unicorn" Clan - "Utaku Rio"- married to Utaku Kimiono - shadowed heart
as of day 12: wears a star sapphire pendant with the unicorn mon.
"From a barren wasteland the impossible can arise."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Noting the warmly dressed Unicorn enter the noodle shop, Kazusa gave him a polite nod as she finished her noodles. She wondered if he was from Journey's End or from even further outside the Empire.

Well, only one way to find out, really.

Pushing her bowl away, she signaled a servant and ordered tea brought to the Unicorn's table, she stood and approached him thereafter.

"Good day, samurai. I am Kazusa, of the Soshi", she smiles a bit faintly. "I would like to say welcome to the Emerald Empire...though, I do not believe it is my welcome to offer." She paused. "Yet."

Return to “Kayo's Noodles”