(Day 0 Early Evening) Remaking acquaintances (open)

For generations, the lords of the Dragon Clan have sworn to the quality of the noodle dishes made at this humble establishment. Many guests of the Dragon are delighted at their recommendations only to discover the noodles are made from millet instead of rice. It is said by Kayo’s descendant’s that the Dragon Champion himself blessed this place many generations ago during a rice shortage. Kayo had offered the Togashi Lord his last bowl of rice noodles and had only millet left. From that day forward, his family was never without what they needed.
Suzume Kenichi

(Day 0 Early Evening) Remaking acquaintances (open)

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:11 pm

It has been an eventful day. If this is the prologue to court, I am not sure what exactly to expect in court itself. Any trepidation which might be felt by Kenichi is not, however, evident in his face. Time for something to eat.

He takes a seat and waits for someone to come over and ask him what he would like to eat. Both the origins of Kayo's Noodles and the food they served there appealed to Kenichi, and the prices were more attuned to the reduced stipend he received. One of the servants comes over to take Kenichi's order. The Suzume orders some of the millet noodles and sits back in order to take in his surroundings.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Kuni Rioto

Re: (Day 0 Early Evening) Remaking acquaintances (open)

Postby Kuni Rioto » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:14 pm

A figure, large for a Rokugani, enters the noodle shop, his eyes tired behind his facepaint. He stoops slightly in the humble establishment, being almost too big to comfortably stand. He quickly scans the room, before his eyes settle on the Sparrow sitting alone.

The tiredness drifts from his eyes as he smiles, walks over, and gives a short bow.

"Kenichi-san, it's been some time."
Crab Clan - Shugenja - Witch Hunter - Earth - Jade - Fame 2 - Large - Antisocial

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:28 pm

For a brief moment there is a look of astonishment on the face of Kenichi. He recovers his on and stands, and then offers a deep bow.

"Rioto-sama. Forgive me if I say this is the last place I expected to see you." Though yours is a familiar face which may prove to be most welcome at such a court as this. "You are looking..." he cocks his head slightly "...well?" He arcs a eyebrow, as if to invite Rioto to confirm, deny, or fill in any gaps.
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

Kuni Rioto

Postby Kuni Rioto » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:30 pm

Rioto smiles as he sits opposite his old yoriki.

"You're right. This..." He looks around the room. "is not where I expected to be either."

"But I am well. We Kuni do not often get a chance to rest, so I will use this month to collect myself before going on my way. In dark times such as this my family are needed more than ever."

If it is possible to get true rest in a court such as this

"Tell me, Kenichi-san, what brings you this far north? Whom are you here with?"
Crab Clan - Shugenja - Witch Hunter - Earth - Jade - Fame 2 - Large - Antisocial

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:46 pm

Kenichi sits back and draws a breath before answering his old master. Not quite sure what he will make of this.

"I am in the employ of the Emerald Spider. I am here on their behalf. One of their courtiers saw some potential in me many years ago, along time before I met you. It seems she was right, or at least, to an extent." He beckons over the servant who took his order. "Another bowl of noodles here for the priest, please." He turns back to Rioto. "And yet, for whatever talent she may have seen in me, I'm not quite sure anyone could be fully prepared for a court like this."

Kuni Rioto

Postby Kuni Rioto » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:05 pm

Rioto's eyebrows raise as his old Yoriki tells his tale, and nodding in appreciation when the noodles were ordered.

The Emerald Spider? That is not what I expected from him

"No, I'm not sure you can prepare for a court such as this - or the surprises that come along the way. That is interesting company you now keep. Times change."

The servant returns, and places the noodles in front of Rioto.

"Sake, please. Hot. For two."

Rioto turns back to Kenichi, a sombre look on his painted face.

"I was sorry to hear about the Suzume Hills."

Tsuruchi Rin

Postby Tsuruchi Rin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Court hadn't started yet but Rin had been busy nonetheless. It was a relief to come back to a nice, simple place and get herself a nice, simple meal. Compared to those nights she'd had to go without, or scrimp by on rations, having a guaranteed meal for the winter seemed a decent price to pay for enduring all the business of court.

She came over to order a filling meal of noodles and sake and then did a double-take. "Kenichi-san? Rioto-sama? I certainly didn't expect to see you here! Are you both here for court, or hunting some dangerous quarry?"
Nativist Mantis. Bounty Hunter. Favored of Bishamon.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Kuni Rioto wrote:"I was sorry to hear about the Suzume Hills."

Unsure as he is what to say, Kenichi is about to reply when he becomes aware of someone else approaching.

Tsuruchi Rin wrote:She came over to order a filling meal of noodles and sake and then did a double-take. "Kenichi-san? Rioto-sama? I certainly didn't expect to see you here! Are you both here for court, or hunting some dangerous quarry?"

Once again, Kenichi is surprised. "Rin-san, is that you? Well this is good fortune indeed. I thought I knew nobody here. Unlikely as it sounds, both Rioto and I are here for court. There is no hunt at the moment." Kenichi motions for Rin to join them. "Although, is has to be said that these are strange times. Once upon a time we used to hunt down our foes. It appears now that they are invited to court to flaunt their derision of us to our faces." Kenichi waves to the servant to indicate they are now three.

"We may yet end up calling upon some of those skills we used out in field. I am not sure how long the civility will last at a court such as this."

Kuni Rioto

Postby Kuni Rioto » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:52 pm

So, Kenichi still feels the Spider are enemies. That's good. Maybe there is hope for these 'Emerald Spider'... Just as likely an act, though.

Rioto turns as he hears a familiar voice.

"Rin-san, if only we were out hunting - it is not a Kuni's way to be cooped up in court, especially with enemies howling at our door."

He gestures for Rin to take a seat next to Kenichi.

"It is good you are here though - both of you."

Rioto glances around, and lowers his voice - even the Kuni knows that open disrespect for their hosts would be unwise. He speaks through gritted teeth.

"I do not know what the Dragon were thinking, inviting our enemies into our midst. But I fear they have made a grave mistake. I trust you will both do the right thing, should the enemy reveal their true nature?"

Given his new friends, do I trust the Sparrow as I once did? I must keep a close eye on him - as far as I can, in a court such as this. If Shibatsu was not around to keep them in line, these "Emerald Spider" would no doubt run back to their Tainted master - and would he run with them?

Tsuruchi Rin

Postby Tsuruchi Rin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:03 am

She smiled at the big Kuni. "It is not my way to be cooped up long either. In these times there is always a bandit or goblin or Onyxian that needs putting down." When he spoke his heated words, she sobered and nodded, speaking in a soft voice. "My bow is never far. They killed those of my Clan and chased my family from their lands. I will be ready if it comes to it."
Nativist Mantis. Bounty Hunter. Favored of Bishamon.

Return to “Kayo's Noodles”