[Day 1, Early Afternoon] To Friendship through Noodles (Private)

For generations, the lords of the Dragon Clan have sworn to the quality of the noodle dishes made at this humble establishment. Many guests of the Dragon are delighted at their recommendations only to discover the noodles are made from millet instead of rice. It is said by Kayo’s descendant’s that the Dragon Champion himself blessed this place many generations ago during a rice shortage. Kayo had offered the Togashi Lord his last bowl of rice noodles and had only millet left. From that day forward, his family was never without what they needed.
Doji Arami

Re: [Day 1, Early Afternoon] To Friendship through Noodles (Private)

Postby Doji Arami » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Strange that Kuniken mentions the Crane's own Twin Forks City, as if admitting that what proper "culture" they had, they seized from those better than them. But as any samurai knows, borrowed clothes are often ill-fitting. Perhaps it was time to bestow these rough ones with a proper wardrobe of their own.

And who better than the Doji to craft them?

"Lady Doji-no-Kami have set us to promote the arts to all, and the Crane do not lack in fervor in fulfilling her desires. Even now in these harsher times, there must be space for beauty, and we are heartened that Arashi-sama shares our perspective in that regard."

A momentary pause, though Arami's eyes remain just as engaged. "You mention Twin Forks City, our home in that land more than a decade ago. I do not think you ask us to build you cities but rather to help craft more mobile artwork that reflects the nobility that is truly your own."

"In this regard, Kuniken-san, we would be greatly aided in assisting the kingdom if we could free up resources to attend to its upliftment. We have reseized new farmland with this lull in hostilities, land that brings the promise of harvests that would break this famine. Unfortunately, these lands would lie fallow should no ashigaru till the soil, and we find that... the Last Legion has swollen from the ranks of our former charges.

We do not wish them ill, and understand the difficulties they have been through. Do you think that there may be enough the Mantis can convince to help their former people once more?"

(OOC: As you said, real life over magical samurai any day. :) )
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

In darkness, flowers retain their fragrance.

Since Day 12, wears a necklace with an aquamarine engraved with the Crane mon.

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Doji Arami wrote:"Lady Doji-no-Kami have set us to promote the arts to all, and the Crane do not lack in fervor in fulfilling her desires. Even now in these harsher times, there must be space for beauty, and we are heartened that Arashi-sama shares our perspective in that regard."

Kuniken almost cried out, exactly! With happy excitement, but remembered that he was in polite company and instead nods approvingly.

“And no it is not the construction of cities but the art and culture to give them soul” Kuniken finish his meal, then realizing he had cleaned the bowl, he adds in some of his tea when he thought no one was looking.
“It is my hope that those who come to Zogeku see a small piece of home and realize that it is not as foreign as they thought”

As Arami explained the plight of the crane he turned thoughtful and distant in his gaze, running numbers and figures trying to get a grasp at the number of peasants involved.

“I’m afraid that those who joined the legion are gone for good, Arami-san. Those of the legion that I have spoken with are very passionate about their course and the ashigaru beneath them shares their vigor.” Kuniken folds his arm across his ches and leans back a bit.

“However there might be a way, these lands that you seek to repopulate, what does it neighbor? The thing is that I have a plan formulating in my mind where it is not the legion that returns the peasants but those around the land you seek to plow.”

((the exact location isn’t that important, what he’s really asking is if you would be willing to a plan where peasants where given incentives to work your land instead of someplace else.))
Free Mantis.

"Is it not glorious? For every man I slay, I take a single coin and add its metal to my armor. Gaze upon my kills."

Former life as Kakita Burei

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:10 am

"You suggest that the peasants from other lands would come to work in Crane lands? It would be problematic to offer them incentives that we do not already provide to our own ashigaru. Would the Mantis be able to help us in this regard, perhaps by support in terms of food and weapons?

(OCC: Sorry for the long delay! Real life :( )
Imperial AgriculturistCrane Clan Logistician Courtier Fragrant and Resplendent Hero of the People

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:10 pm

"The abundant riches of Zogeku, are to be shared with her allies, so yes we would be able to assist you in this matter" Kuniken assures Arami.
"However it is important to note that one such agreement would be greatly hampered should the kingdom be burdened with lofty taxes payed to a vindictive master, not keen on understanding where the wealth could be better spent." He then states his requirement in a not so subtle way.

((No worries))
Free Mantis.

"Is it not glorious? For every man I slay, I take a single coin and add its metal to my armor. Gaze upon my kills."

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 pm

Directness would be best.

"Forgive me, Kuniken-san, I must clarify what I heard. You wish the kingdom to pay no taxes to the Emperor, from whom all our blessings come from, or is it the Native Mantis whose efforts you exert control over their cousins' wealth that you wish to seek assistance against?"

Yoritomo Kuniken

Postby Yoritomo Kuniken » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:56 am

Kuniken shakes his head slightly.
“I firmly believe that the kingdom is blessed by the people, blessed by those that bled and worked for the kingdom, no matter what colors they wore and what ancestry. I believe that their labors and legacy not be crushed by those that do not understand what happens elsewhere in the world.” Kuniken tries to soften the blow to come.

“The help I offer come from the free Kingdom of Zogeku, if we are subservient to the emperor, there might be no help to offer” Kuniken spells it out clearly without speaking heresy directly.

“But please, think about this let your clansmen hear my offer” Kuniken rises with the words, signaling the end of their small meal.
“There is no reason to rush our decision, we will have plenty of time to exchange views, and perhaps change stances on situations.”

((Thinking we should seek to round up, as this is a d1 affair after all))
Free Mantis.

Doji Arami

Postby Doji Arami » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:09 am

"Indeed, all those who labor honorably should have their legacy protected, whether they toil in distant shores or worked in the centuries before us." Countless lives have been spent building the Empire. You do not get to discount their efforts for your own.

"You are correct, Kuniken-san. Court is young and there is much yet to happen. The Crane look forward to doing its best to let the arts blossom where they can. Until we meet again." A fluid bow.

(OCC : Yes, so much is happening! Gotta catch up. See you with the other Yoritomo on Day 5, EM. ;) )

Return to “Kayo's Noodles”