[Day 29 LA] A quiet drink

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Utaku Yamada

Re: [Day 29 LA] A quiet drink

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:19 am

Yamada considered this. "I will need to, Midori-san," said Yamada. "Zetsubou once said he saw me diving down into the darkness to save the one lost soul. If that is what it will take, I will be equal to it. Even if does mean a loss of self."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Married to Yasuki Nakura, Day 19
Widowed, Day 28

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:37 am

"There will be no loss of self, Utaku-sama. The reason you have been chosen is for the self that you are; to lose that would lose your purpose. So keep your compassion, your drive and your positivity. You have all the tools you need; just gather your courage behind them and ride forward." Midori finishes his tea. "An' when steelin' yourself, you'd be wantin' something a little stronger than tea." There's a bottle on the table suddenly, from somewhere in the monk's robe. "Midori doesn't drink - and don't need no refusals, neither - so take a little nectar of the Mantis isles. Certainty a speciality."
Midori

Monk • Experienced Yoritomo Waito

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:03 am

"Thank you, Midori-san," she said, finishing her tea and taking the bottle. "It might just be today, everything that has happened." She sighed. "I didn't think I'd be leaving here alone though."
Utaku Yamada - Unicorn Clan - Shiotome - Rider of the Steppes - Delegation Head - Lost Love - Hero of the People - True Love
Widowed, Day 28

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:45 am

"You'll have your horse," the monk offers lamely. "And you'll make friends as easily on your path as you have here at court." He contemplates a moment.

"Midori leaves court as well soon, and would gladly accompany you on the first stage of your journey, at least. That is, if you can suffer the walking pace of a monk."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Utaku Yamada

Postby Utaku Yamada » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 am

"I will be glad of the company, Midori-san, until we have to part ways," said Yamada.
Widowed, Day 28

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:39 pm

"Truth be told, Midori ain't had much experience of travelling alone either, Utaku-sama. I am sure there are more than a few riding songs you can teach him to pass the time."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”