[Day 5 - LA] Out and About (Open)

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Akodo Kibo

Re: [Day 5 - LA] Out and About (Open)

Postby Akodo Kibo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:20 am

"I have only heard rumors of what has occurred in Phoenix lands, never witnessed it myself." Kibo sips the tea, better than nothing to make a pause. "The Lion hold, Bushido preserves. We have been both fortunate or unfortunate, fortunate in that our traditions persevere through the toughest of times and make us stronger. Unfortunate in that we have lost many of our traditional homes and many of our cousins in this war."

"It only makes us hold on all the harder to what we have left."
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:46 am

"And the harder we hold, the harder the other strives to take, or so it is said."

Michio slows his breath, then lets it out. "It is different in shape but not in spirit in our lands. The Tao endures. But I wonder if we have forgotten why Shiba knelt? If so, how can we look to him for guidance?"

"What would Akodo have said in such times? I confess to not having read Leadership in any depth."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:03 am

Probably something hideously impractical but impressive.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:07 am

"Akodo no Kami wrote, 'A true Samurai has only one judge of his honor, and that is himself.'" Kibo says, "If you are a follower of Shiba no Kami, only you can judge yourself against His example. If you find the way, and truly follow Shiba no Kami's example, others will see it and follow your example."

"It is infectious really, honor begets honor. Dishonor begets dishonor." Kibo takes another sip of the terrible tea, "but I am just a samurai doing his best to follow Akodo no Kami's example. Do any of us really have the answers?"
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:19 am

Well, at least he's forthright.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 am

"And thus am I answered, question for question. The Tao would argue not, but..." He looks down at the terrible tea. "Ours is not a way of peace, but rather one to secure peace for those who would build a better world. You have given me much to think on, Akodo-sama. Thank you."

"If I may be of some little service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to call upon me."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:35 am

Peace? What a horrible thought.

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Rising to his feet, Kibo gives Michio a respectful bow. "Should you wish to read Leadership for yourself, the Lion are always happy to share it. May your ancestors guide your steps, Shiba Michio-san."

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”