[Day 5 - LA] Out and About (Open)

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Akodo Kibo

[Day 5 - LA] Out and About (Open)

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Akodo Kibo, tired of being cooped up in the castle has ventured into the village. After wandering the market and browsing the library, he has found himself seeking shelter from the blowing snow. Taking one of the seats near one of the kilns, ordering some weak tea and dropping some amount of coins to satisfy the proprietor, he sits watching the village as it goes about its business.
Loyal • Paragon • Veteran • Lion Gunso
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Daigotsu Yukari

Re: [Day 5 - LA] Out and About (Open)

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Yukari ducked in with an armload of firewood- not exactly the most samurai-appropriate burden, one might think- and wordlessly handed it to one of the peasants in attendance.

She didn't address the Lion directly, she simply took a spot closer to the door.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:07 pm

'Firewood? At least the colors are the right arrangement.' A nod of greeting and courtesy once the burden is given up. Then a return to sipping tea in silence watching blowing snow and rushing peasants.
I've seen things. The towers of Shiro sano Ken Hayai on fire just over the horizon. I watched Lion steel glitter in the dark near the Toshi Ranbo gates. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:59 am

Shiba Michio slips in from the blowing snow, his hands tucked into his sleeves. He settles down close to the kiln, waiting patiently for tea. "Akodo-sama, have you eaten rice today?"
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:05 am

Kibo bows in greeting to the Phoenix as he sits, "I have received Inari's Blessing today, yes. And you?"

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:17 am

"It is said 'Better to go a day without rice than a day without tea'." He sips the weak brew, barely suppressing a grimace. "It is said. I am fasting today, after the feast. It seems wise."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:39 am

Kibo can only nod, "It seems odd to have banquets and celebrations during these times, does it not?"

He sips the tea as well, this IS bad. "But our hosts must be good hosts, that is what Courtesy demands of them."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:51 am

"Hai. Ours is a clearer duty than those who must make such choices."

Michio considers the cup in his hands. "My teachers used to say that it was memories that made tea and sake taste as they do. Let me see..."

He inhales deeply. "Sitting in a puddle in the rain?"
"This is a start."

Akodo Kibo

Postby Akodo Kibo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:19 am

Kibo tastes the tea again, considering. "A muddy puddle perhaps, after two days of rain." There is no wry smile, not even a sensible chuckle. Only a bit of amusement behind down-turned eyes, staring at the terrible tea.

"I don't believe we have been formally introduced, I am Akodo Kibo, Gunso of the 4th Akodo Legion and delegation head for the Lion."

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:46 am

"Shiba Michio, Phoenix delegate to the Lion and the Crab; yojimbo and occasionally teacher to those students unfortunate enough to be assigned to me. I am pleased to meet you, Akodo-sama."

Michio holds his cup in both hands, "I was there for your presentation, but I confess I know little of what has happened beyond our lands since the Isawa..." He bows his head. "Sealed us within their wall of fire and smoke."
"This is a start."

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”