[Day 5 Midday] Of Kitsune (Ask)

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Kakita Kyoumi

Re: [Day 5 Midday] Of Kitsune (Ask)

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Kyoumi nods. "I could ask no more, Konjo-san. You are very kind." She hesitates, and then adds, "I know that Arami-san has spoken to you, and he is our official delegate to you. No one knows more of the ways of ports and about the seas and the priorities of the Mantis than he, at least in our small faction.. And I know that things have been complicated, are complicated, for your delegation at court this year. But is there anything I, personally, can do in return for this favor you offer me?"
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Konjō shakes his head.

"This is a Family matter. You don't owe me anything for it. Issues of Family like this this should never be used for political gain."

The Mantis is quiet for a moment. In his experience, she is far kinder than a courtly flower should be.

"I was wondering... as the only eligible member of my delegation... I need to out in an appearance at the... function, three days from now. Will I see you there?" he finally asks.
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Kyoumi covers her lips with the back of her hand and drops her eyes to hide her blush. "Konjo-san, I do expect to be. Though if you are looking for haiku on the subject, the Unicorn seem to be particularly talented with that regard." She gives a small bow. "But it would please me to see you there."

Visible strolling down the street comes the swordsman, Kakita Karasu. He's on the lookout for someone.

"Ah...my cousin." Kyoumi takes a deep breath. "Hopefully, I will see you then, if not at court tomorrow. Thank you again, for taking the time to speak with me."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Kitsune Konjo

Postby Kitsune Konjo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:39 pm

The Kitsune bows as she leaves, but otherwise says nothing.

Right, he thinks as Reality reasserts itself over the Illusion the Crane poet had cast. Don't get caught in the story. My sisters will enjoy that tale of hers. And they'll love hearing about my failure.

The Mantis stands up and dust himself off.
Back to work.

/scene
Morishita Konjō • Experienced Kitsune Konjō • Mantis Clan • Shugenja • Earth • Gaijin • Friend to the Red Panda spirit • Seedplanter • Disadvantage: Delegation Head • Not your friend • Dark Oracle of Chikushudo

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”