D5, EE: The Pot Calling the Sake Hot

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Soshi Kazusa

D5, EE: The Pot Calling the Sake Hot

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Kazusa had enough of the day, and thought to spend her early evening in the company of Kenichi, his kiln, and the cheap sake served on the patio of his shop. Doffing her cloak and tightening her scarf, the Scorpion found a seat near the heat and relaxed, ordering a hot cup to purge the cold from her being.
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Susumu Ketsueki

Re: D5, EE: The Pot Calling the Sake Hot

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:36 pm

A soul wanders in from the cold, finding the warmth of the kiln enticing. Winter weather was the worst. The Emperor makes vows that he will fix the taint, rebuild the lands and subjugate the lessers... but as far as the Susumu knows it means nothing until he can make the cold go away.

He moves to take a seat when he notices his fellow Onyx member. He walks over and greets her softly.

"Good evening Soshi-san, am I interrupting you this evening?"
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

What games we mortals play, I think I will make my moves.

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:40 pm

"Not at all, Susumu-san, won't you join me?" she motions to her table, just as a piping hot bottle of sake is placed on it by a young girl. Kazusa smiles at her as she runs off, then returns her attention to Ketsueki. "You seem to have wandered some way, is everything alright?"
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:51 pm

"Thank you, I'm well enough. Relatively calm day. I went to court, came home and filled out the paperwork, then someone sent us an unmarked note that we had 'threatened them and planted accusing evidence among their clan' and demanded an apology over it in 3 days or they will strike us with their vengeance. Funny part is that while I can understand the threaten part, why on earth would they think WE would plant evidence among them!"

He laughs as he pics up a cup. He can barely keep a straight face as says the next line.

"But, it will be resolved, I put the Kokujin on it."

And down the sake goes. He looks up and its clear he knew just how potentially crazy that mistake could wind up being.

"But enough about me, how have you been?"
Obsidian Magistrate |High Priest of the Blood | Hunter of Lords | Voice of the Hantei

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Kazusa produces her own sake cup, hidden somewhere within her kimono until then. Placing it on the table she refills Ketsueki's cup and places the bottle between them, her own cup empty.

"That sounds dreadful...ano, the part about sending Kaneda-sensei to handle it", she clarifies. "The letter itself, might I see it? I am practiced with identifying script."

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:12 pm

"Why sure, here you are."

He reached into his sleeve and produces the note, however before sliding it to her he pauses for a moment.

"Kazusa-san, I wanted to apologize for my actions yesterday. I was out of place... twice in a single day. Being sleep deprived is a dangerous thing in Kanpeki's court and as such I reacted on instinct like you were just some brute that I needed to intimidate. That was wrong of me for both of you and unbecoming of us, who are surrounded by enemies, to have to fear each other as well."

Having said his peace he pushed the note into her hand. He was far more personal this time then many other times she has seen him.

"Now here, tell me what you think."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Kazusa takes the letter delicately, careful not to touch it too intently as she examines it. As she does so, she takes a sip of sake.

"As to your earlier question, my day went well. I had a meeting with the Imperial Chancellor, as a matter of fact." She doesn't hide the slight smirk on her face. "Bayushi-san should be returning to court soon."

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:34 pm

"Oh goodness I hope you weren't too hard on the poor Toku, the poor man has seen enough."

He jokingly says as he seems to relax a bit.

"But it shall be good to have our Bayushi back in court."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:43 pm

"It shall, I have no taste for the dais, myself", the Soshi says...much like a Soshi would. She thinks a moment, intent on the letter. She knows what she is seeing, but there is something holding her back. Shaking it off, the assessment should still be made, let the Susumu do what he thinks with it.

"It is clear this was written with malice, real and true", Kazusa says finally. "Yet...the calligraphy is too clear, the hand too precise. This sloppy writing is out of character for the author, the red ink likely used to cover up this fact." She looks at it again. "The ink I don't know the origin of, but the paper seems northern", she rubs the sheet slightly between finger and thumb. "The feel tells me that. I would suspect a Phoenix, if not a Dragon", she says finally. "A Unicorn would sooner run you down on horseback than write a threatening letter." She passes it back. "Whatever you make of this assessment, Susumu-san, is up to you, but I would ignore it and let the author play their game out, they will reveal themselves eventually."

Susumu Ketsueki

Postby Susumu Ketsueki » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:36 am

" That was my initial plan but with our lovely monk of love on the hunt I would rather get to the cause if I can before he over turns every rock on the entire mountain."

He takes a nice sip.

"I have a good idea who my suspects are. However... its out of character for them to act this way. Maybe its a simple game, a ruse to distract us maybe?"

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”