[DAy 8, Late Afternoon] Appropriate Preparations (open)

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Yoritomo Waito

Re: [DAy 8, Late Afternoon] Appropriate Preparations (open)

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"Or do you need me to whisper into your ear again?"

"I remember," he asserts. "But feel free to whisper somethin' else, if'n you want."
Midori

Monk • Experienced Yoritomo Waito

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Kazusa laughs. "My thanks for the offer, Yoritomo-san, but I think I will leave room on your obi for your kama."
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:Kazusa laughs. "My thanks for the offer, Yoritomo-san, but I think I will leave room on your obi for your kama."

"Well, just 'cause you're not attendin' tonight, that's no reason for you to miss out on some o' the fun o' bein' there. You'd still have attracted a line of interested suitors, Kazusa-san."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Yoritomo Waito wrote:Just in case you missed it the first four times, I'd throw it in if you were down.

"Taken as given, Waito-san", Kazusa says and drinks more. "Though I've done my duty in that regard as it is, and there's nothing to be gained from a suitor at this point."
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:
Yoritomo Waito wrote:Just in case you missed it the first four times, I'd throw it in if you were down.

"Taken as given, Waito-san", Kazusa says and drinks more. "Though I've done my duty in that regard as it is, and there's nothing to be gained from a suitor at this point."

"It ain't the suitor themselves that's the point o' the mingle though, is it? Nothing there's goin' to decide any clan policy, or serve as a seal on any deal." Waito is between drinks, and with an empty bottle, so he gestures for another. "It's the idea that someone out there's actually interested, outside o' politics."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:21 pm

"Are you married yourself, Waito-san?" she asks. Kenichi drops off a bottle and Kazusa shares a smile with the man who manages the place, but he doesn't stick around, knowing samurai are talking about samurai stuff.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:23 pm

I KNOW he's drunk, but has he EVER seen how marriage works?

"Why should we need a party to express any interest that exists? I certainly don't have to attend an event to tell my enemies what I think of them."
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"Are you married yourself, Waito-san?"

"Not anymore," he says simply.

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"Why should we need a party to express any interest that exists? I certainly don't have to attend an event to tell my enemies what I think of them."

"So you quite enjoyed this mornin's dais drama, Yukari-san?"
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Yoritomo Waito wrote:"Not anymore," he says simply.

"Nor am I myself", she answers, then drains the masu.
Eleven...

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:10 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"Nor am I myself", she answers, then drains the masu.

"A sign o' the times, aye? And any marriages brought about this court won't last long either. Best to enjoy it now."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”