[DAy 8, Late Afternoon] Appropriate Preparations (open)

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Daigotsu Yukari

Re: [DAy 8, Late Afternoon] Appropriate Preparations (open)

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Yoritomo Waito wrote:"So you quite enjoyed this mornin's dais drama, Yukari-san?"

"It had a certain charm. Of course, it also illustrated the virtues of discretion, but had everyone conducted themselves perfectly, there still would have been little doubt about the level of enmity present.."
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:18 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:
Yoritomo Waito wrote:"So you quite enjoyed this mornin's dais drama, Yukari-san?"

"It had a certain charm. Of course, it also illustrated the virtues of discretion, but had everyone conducted themselves perfectly, there still would have been little doubt about the level of enmity present.."

"And that is why we have parties. If we'd had the dais meetings after an evening's entertainment, things would always progress much the smoother."
Midori

Monk • Experienced Yoritomo Waito

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Yoritomo Waito wrote:"And that is why we have parties. If we'd had the dais meetings after an evening's entertainment, things would always progress much the smoother."

"Then Mantis parties must be tamer than I'd been led to believe, because an aching head is no great aid to diplomacy."
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:31 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:
Yoritomo Waito wrote:"And that is why we have parties. If we'd had the dais meetings after an evening's entertainment, things would always progress much the smoother."

"Then Mantis parties must be tamer than I'd been led to believe, because an aching head is no great aid to diplomacy."

"You'd be surprised. People with aching heads don't want much fuss or bother. It's like regular diplomacy, but faster."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

The merchant placed the coins in the monk's hand, and to his delight, the man only smiled and handed out more.

Final day

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:34 pm

"So is a duel, but that doesn't mean it will serve the correct ends."

Soshi Kazusa

Postby Soshi Kazusa » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:38 pm

"I am actually inclined to agree with Waito-san, a hung head begs for peace. Perhaps the next Mantis petition should be for drinks to be served at court?"
Scorpion Clan • Loyal • Samurai • Delegation Head
"Some mourn loss, never realizing their dream yet lives. Others boast victory, unable to imagine their defeat. Both are fools. The game goes on."

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:48 pm

Soshi Kazusa wrote:"I am actually inclined to agree with Waito-san, a hung head begs for peace. Perhaps the next Mantis petition should be for drinks to be served at court?"

"I wouldn't wanna steal your idea, Kazusa-san; I'll let the Onyx bring that afore the Emperor..."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:53 pm

"And have it rejected out of hand?"

Yoritomo Waito

Postby Yoritomo Waito » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"And have it rejected out of hand?"

"I'm sure Kokujin-san could phrase it in a presentable enough manner."
Midori

As of Day 21, not Waito

Final day

Tonbo Jairyu

Postby Tonbo Jairyu » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:05 pm

After having observed the three fellow drunks, Jairyu finally decides to speak.

"I'm sure even the monk wearing silk would not be able to bring sake to an acceptable level for Toku Hikaru-sama. Many a Monkey have been fond of drink. Not him."
Tonbo Shugenja • Veteran • Defender of the Gate • Delegation Head for the Dragon • "Doesn't have time for your shit."
Soul of Lady Miya Shinjuko - Sayuri
AppearanceCard Art

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”