[Day 21 - Early Afternoon] A Discussion About A Discussion (Ask)

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Ide Kousuda

[Day 21 - Early Afternoon] A Discussion About A Discussion (Ask)

Postby Ide Kousuda » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Kousuda chooses a nice warm spot to sit at for the coming conversation with Kyoumi.

"Where should we begin, my dear?" he asks with a gentle smile.
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Kakita Kyoumi

Re: [Day 21 - Early Afternoon] A Discussion About A Discussion (Ask)

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:28 pm

Kyoumi exhales nervously. "I....that was very strange. I hope Karasu-kun doesn't find us dead a the bottom of a cliff somewhere, lost to hopeless passion or some other romantic excuse that conveniently disposes of us. He might not take it well."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:39 pm

"Oh? I had hoped our romantic passions were more hopeful than that." Kousuda says with a small smile, trying to ease her nerves. "Though, our convenient disposal, as you say, would not be very convenient. Katsuyori-san still needs us for the travel he wished to arrange. And further, we at least have information they want." he says, tracing with his finger the characters for 'Arashi' on the table.
Appearance!

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:57 pm

Kyoumi nods, watching his hands. "I hope you enjoyed the story I offered. Obviously deep in symbolism and myth, but such stories often are. Did you have any questions for me?"
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 pm

"Of course! Masterfully told." He compliments, a smile on his face. "I'm sure our children will enjoy such tales as well."

"Questions... I suppose I should ask how much you trust them."
Appearance!

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:38 pm

"To be sincere in their compliments for my story? I can't. But then I had no choice. They were my audience, they demanded my attention, whether I asked for it or not. One of their number is a cousin with great appreciation for the Kakita school, and particularly, the storytelling legacy of my family. When she found I was here, she sought me out. I had a story she wanted me to tell. I tried to avoid it, but the Dragon are our hosts, and they insisted on the reunion. Who knew they were such aficionados. " She cocks her head. "Though you have many such storytellers from Mehidaat al Salaam. I learned that the night of the Travelogue, and confirmed it not much later, at the time of our first game of questions."
Appearance

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:11 am

Her words are light. Her eyes are not.
Appearance

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:26 am

"Indeed. Katsuyori-san seemed quite keen on building friendship with the both of us. To what end... I'm not sure. Perhaps he felt that you would enjoy telling a tale. Perhaps he truly enjoys such stories. Who can say with the Scorpion, ne? Especially given the current political climate..."

Kousuda bows his head at mention of Medinaat Al-Salaam.

"Certainly, the Unicorn have a tradition of storytelling. And flowery words." He says with a smile, pulling the poetry book Kyoumi had given Kousuda slightly out of his jacket before putting it back. "Though, the Sands, of course, have their own traditions, their own stories. I've picked up what I could from them, and wrote down something of my own experiences, though, I'm afraid my own abilities of the craft are a mere shadow compared to yours. Megumi-san has quite some skill, as well, though, ne? Are you familiar with the identities of any other such storytellers that sleep within the Unicorn's camp?" he says, cocking his head to match Kyoumi. He was curious of how much she had figured out.
Appearance!

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:38 am

"Oh, two or three, though one will tell no more stories, which saddens me. However, they certainly believe in the patronage of the Daidoji, for they offer their stories as though we had not storytellers enough. General Nozomi says only that the proof of a tale is in the telling. The Daidoji are ever practical."
Appearance

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:00 am

"Indeed, it saddened me as well." he says sincerely in reference to Inaho. "Though that is interesting, that they would offer their stories in such a manner. I am sure they asked much for such tales, ne? As you say, though, I found Nozomi-dono to be quite practical. At least that is the impression I had gotten after our marriage negotiation." he says with a smile.
Appearance!

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”