[Day 21 - Early Afternoon] A Discussion About A Discussion (Ask)

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Kakita Kyoumi

Re: [Day 21 - Early Afternoon] A Discussion About A Discussion (Ask)

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:49 am

Kyoumi nods. "Interestingly, they were eager almost to give them away for free. But I'm sure you've heard their stories many times before now. It might be something we speak on in the future. Other than that, are there any other questions you had about my story there?"
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:04 am

"Indeed, I'm sure we will discuss more of it soon. As for your story, was there any particular reason you chose it? I hope you do not think of me as the farmer..."
Unicorn Clan Courtier - Hero of the People
Appearance!
We must dare to be bold in these dark times...

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:18 am

Kyoumi frowns then, her eyes steel, but filled with pain. "That wasn't for you. That was for them. For one possible act of kindness from the farmer, the wife must bear all, give all, suffer great humiliation. They push too hard. To the very edge. If they are not careful, she will fly away, or die in the trying. The Soshi does not know how much honor it took for her to still have a hand. I told them who we are, but I don't think they understand."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:36 am

"I did not truly think such, but I am relieved none-the-less to hear it." he says with a cheerful nod. "Your assessment rings true; they push and prod at others too much. Testing limits. Provoking. Insulting." he says, a hint of dry anger in his voice at that last one, as he thinks back to how Kyoumi was treated in court. "I had had a conversation with the very Soshi-san you speak of. It had turned less than courteous, though we had eventually reached an understanding. Were I not used to dealing with gaijin, were I not a trained and able mediator, were I a member of any other clan, it likely would have resulted much more poorly. I am also of a mind that they do not understand. Though, I am unsure if it is by ignorance, or by choice."
Appearance!

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:51 am

Kyoumi makes a spinning motion in the air with her hands, as if she were turning a ball. "Maybe that is what they need to believe. I believe them when they say life under the Onyx is horrible beyond imagining. I truly do. But perhaps they need to believe that it is so much worse than what others have suffered, in order to justify to themselves what they have done. Maybe it is necessary in order to believe that perhaps they can be allowed to come...home...again."

"I can feel sorry for them and still hate being hurt by them unjustly. I can guess at their scars and still rage at the blood of my cousins that they have spilled. Though...who knows will happen next? The future is a mystery, even for them."

Kyoumi lays her hands on the table and, sheltered from all eyes save Kousuda's, spells out a single kanji with her finger.

Spear.
Last edited by Kakita Kyoumi on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appearance

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:17 am

Kousuda nods at the kanji. "I think you are correct in this. Of their suffering and of their wish to return. When Soshi-san spoke to me... she spoke of Lord Shoju, and his true intent. Of the Second Day of Thunder, and how the thunders were an example to look up to. Of the Scorpion's thunder, and how her loss had forged her to be who was."

He pauses to collect. He makes sure no one is around or eavesdropping.

"She had told me, 'each Thunder had such a tale, their stories of tragedy, redemption, and eventual triumph should never be forgotten' and that 'aid comes when you least expect it, and often from those it is least expected from. Do not forget this, Ide-san.' Perhaps that," Kousuda says as he gives a glance at where the kanji for spear had been traced, "Is a part of their scheme? Their redemption?"
Appearance!

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:23 am

Ide Kousuda wrote:"She had told me, 'each Thunder had such a tale, their stories of tragedy, redemption, and eventual triumph should never be forgotten' and that 'aid comes when you least expect it, and often from those it is least expected from. Do not forget this, Ide-san.' Perhaps that," Kousuda says as he gives a glance at where the kanji for spear had been traced, "Is a part of their scheme? Their redemption?"

"I imagine so. Or at least they would have us think so, but sixteen years is a lifetime. The Thunders would have died a terrible death if it took Kachiko sixteen years to open the door. " She laughs bitterly. "There's a story for the night of a hundred stories, waiting to be told. I should have thought of it."
Appearance

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 am

"Indeed. They make it exceedingly difficult to determine whether they are sincere in their attempt to help, or plan to take advantage of trust extended to them." Kousuda gives a smile at the story. "What would such a tale be called? 'The Door that Took Sixteen Years to Open?'"
Appearance!

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:50 am

"Maybe. It sounds like a sad story." She shakes her head.
Appearance

Ide Kousuda

Postby Ide Kousuda » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:18 am

"A sad story indeed. One I am most glad did not come to pass. Though, if you would prefer to hear of happier things, perhaps you would like to hear about how I've completed the quests you've given me?
Appearance!

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”