[Day 22, Late Afternoon, Open] Painting and Pottery

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Moshi Janisha

[Day 22, Late Afternoon, Open] Painting and Pottery

Postby Moshi Janisha » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:22 pm

She was alive.

More importantly she was no longer at great risk of dying in the next few days of court.

That this was an unusual situation for her perhaps said more about what her court experience this winter had been like then she would care to admit, but she was alive.

And that was all that mattered.

Settling down right beside the kiln wall, enjoying the heat radiating off it, Janisha took this moment to relax. She had her paint supplies with her should she desire to paint...

But right now, she was just going to enjoy the moment...enjoy being alive and comfortable and warm.
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Shiba Michio

Re: [Day 22, Late Afternoon, Open] Painting and Pottery

Postby Shiba Michio » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:24 pm

Moshi Janisha wrote:But right now, she was just going to enjoy the moment...enjoy being alive and comfortable and warm.

Shiba Michio enters the potter's store dressed for the cold weather. He spend some time looking at the offered wares, as if looking for something, then settles down at a table not far from the other samurai.
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:57 am

Shiba Michio wrote:Shiba Michio enters the potter's store dressed for the cold weather. He spend some time looking at the offered wares, as if looking for something, then settles down at a table not far from the other samurai.

For a brief moment Janisha continues to relax against the wall, just pretending for a moment that she really didn't need to move, that this moment would never end.

You are going to need help with Midori, your knowledge of the Tao is far to weak to be given charge of a Monk. Yes you had planned to approach Koyo about this... but asking the Shiba may be better. Koyo is just as weak with the Tao as you are.

...and curiosity about the Phoenix's actions on the Dais also say you should move. You have no agreement with them, but really should understand.

Perhaps its relating to the Thunder Dragon reveal?

Still she could wait a few more moments.

Finally, she rose and walked to the table, and bows to the Shiba, "May Lady Sun guide your path, Shiba-sama. This one is Moshi Janisha. Do you mind if I join you?"
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:08 am

Moshi Janisha wrote:Finally, she rose and walked to the table, and bows to the Shiba, "May Lady Sun guide your path, Shiba-sama. This one is Moshi Janisha. Do you mind if I join you?"

Michio looks over from his contemplation of the wares he can see from his table. He bows low. "Moshi-sama, this one is called in this life Shiba Michio. Please," he looks down at the tea, "join me for a while."
Shiba Swordsman - Sensei of the Black Hand - Day 30: Obsidian Oracle - Bearer of the Obsidian Hand
"This is a start."

Wearing a band of old cloth (the sling of the yojimbo of the first lord of the Suzume) around his wrist.

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:18 am

Michio gestures towards the collected ceramics. "I was hoping to find an answer for the Onyx here but nothing seems appropriate."
"This is a start."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:21 am

A smile graces her lips, Perhaps my search wont be far.

"Thank you Shiba-sama. The opportunity to talk to another member of the Phoenix clan is not one to be missed, and I have not been in the presence of a Shiba in quite sometime. This one hopes that once this war is over, that will change and all the Clans will take part in Summer Court in some way."

A difficult request perhaps, given that summer is the season of war in Rokugan, but still it was a nice dream. She would likely never see it happen, with her plans for the Centipede, but still.

Sitting down, she said, "How has court been for you this season?"

Shiba Michio wrote:Michio gestures towards the collected ceramics. "I was hoping to find an answer for the Onyx here but nothing seems appropriate."

"An answer to their question you mean, Shiba-sama? What is Power?" She shook her head, "Not a game I seek to take part in I fear, although I am curious what answer you would give."
Description

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:26 am

Moshi Janisha wrote:A smile graces her lips, Perhaps my search wont be far.

"Thank you Shiba-sama. The opportunity to talk to another member of the Phoenix clan is not one to be missed, and I have not been in the presence of a Shiba in quite sometime. This one hopes that once this war is over, that will change and all the Clans will take part in Summer Court in some way."

"An answer to their question you mean, Shiba-sama? What is Power?" She shook her head, "Not a game I seek to take part in I fear, although I am curious what answer you would give."

"A Summer Court? Hai, that would be a fine thing."

He considers the pots.

"Neither will I. But the traditional answer would be a bowl, would it not? Enso, infinity, surrounding the emptiness which is the Way, and by which the bowl becomes useful."
"This is a start."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:44 am

"Is the Way true power, Shiba-sama? Meaning no offence of course, but the Little teacher lead the Thunders but was not one of them. His purpose was no less important, especially since he then proceeded to spread his message beyond Rokugan, but is Enlightenment power? Or simply understanding?" Janisha said, a touch of hesitation in her voice.

"You must forgive this one, but her knowledge of the Tao is somewhat...shaky at times. Three Moshi have famously found Enlightenment, Moshi Azami-shiryo and Moshi Amika-shiryo who both found it in the Fortunes, and Moshi Kekiesu-shiryo...." She hesitates, "Who seemed to have found it in the Ivory Kingdoms."

She shrugs, "Regardless, this one follows the path of her Ancestors. Should Enlightenment be my destiny this lifetime, it remains within the teachings of the Fortunes."

Returning the the bowl, she paused, "Although Enso I understand...peace, tranquillity, focus, freedom...a perfect moment of creation. Every one of my gifts to the Emperor has it somewhere, and it was the first brush stroke I drew each time, in hopes of having such a moment."
Description

Shiba Michio

Postby Shiba Michio » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:44 am

Moshi Janisha wrote:"Is the Way true power, Shiba-sama?

"More the spring from which power, knowledge, and the myriad of things flow. Though that in its own way raises yet another question, ne?"

He looks closely at the Moshi, "And why not in the Ivory Kingdoms...the Protectorate? The Way is the Way, though each heart sees only a small part of it and so experiences it differently."

Michio considers that for a moment. "Have you found the moment you seek?"
"This is a start."

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:52 am

Shiba Michio wrote:
Moshi Janisha wrote:"Is the Way true power, Shiba-sama?

"More the spring from which power, knowledge, and the myriad of things flow. Though that in its own way raises yet another question, ne?"

"And another and another and another," She smiles, "The Way is to never have all the answers after all."

Shiba Michio wrote:He looks closely at the Moshi, "And why not in the Ivory Kingdoms...the Protectorate? The Way is the Way, though each heart sees only a small part of it and so experiences it differently."

She isn't quite sure what he is asking, what exactly he was questioning, but she answers what he thinks he wants, "Moshi Kekiesu-shiryo finding it in the Kingdoms is not why I hesitate Shiba-sama. The Little Teacher is recorded to have visited the Ivory Kingdoms as well as many other lands after all after he left Rokugan. It leads to some interesting questions about the soul, does it not, that we consider Gaijin Soulless, but Shinsei thought he could teach them part of The Way."

She shrugged, and then hesitated once more. Finally she said, "However what I hesitated about was what she was doing in the Ivory Kingdoms. It is not proper to discuss Gaijin Sorcery, and bringing it up makes people uncomfortable."

Shiba Michio wrote:Michio considers that for a moment. "Have you found the moment you seek?"

"No, Shiba-sama. I found a moment for each painting, thus why each was created. And each was unique. But my Duty is that of a Shugenja, not an Artisan, and so I lack the talent a trained Kakita or Shiba Artisan would have to see the perfect moment for each one."

She knows straight away that he is going to point out the Way needs no training, for any could find it, but she was hardly going to lie and say that she had made something she considered perfect either.

"But why search for am answer you are not going to submit?" Janisha asks curiously, "And why not simply just send an Enso? A drawing rather them a bowl?"
Description

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”