[Day 23 EA] Ladies' Day Out part 2

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Tsuruchi Mao

Re: [Day 23 EA] Ladies' Day Out part 2

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:
"Black and white are so limiting... and so long as mons are clear, why worry?"

"Sure. Sometimes I wish I could just transfer the mons from one kimono to another. Or wear the same everywhere. I don't need two."
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"Sure. Sometimes I wish I could just transfer the mons from one kimono to another. Or wear the same everywhere. I don't need two."

"It depends... I like being able to give an impression, after all, but I do miss my plain deel I got to wear on the road."
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:
"It depends... I like being able to give an impression, after all, but I do miss my plain deel I got to wear on the road."

"You like being noticed?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"You like being noticed?"

"I served as a yojimbo for years. There are times to be hidden... and there are times to remind everyone looking at your charge that they are defended by someone unafraid of what they think."
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Daigotsu Yukari wrote:"I served as a yojimbo for years. There are times to be hidden... and there are times to remind everyone looking at your charge that they are defended by someone unafraid of what they think."

Mao nodded in agreement.

"I have never been yojimbo, for obvious reasons. But I do know something about the uses of drawing the eye towards or away from something. Thank you for the reminder."

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:10 pm

Moshi Janisha wrote:"This one is grateful for your story Kakita-sama. To discuss and experiment with Art is one thing...to discuss the theory and nature of art behind such art is entirely different, and my education is not as complete on the second one."

Kyoumi's mouth quirks in a small grin. "You are welcome. Please understand, you'd probably have a better conversation with the MasterSensei at the Academy. I'm not even a painter. Or a potter. My calligraphy isn't really all that good, even. I just make kites, sing, and compose pretty haiku for the pleasure of the court. But I suppose you must take advantage of the moments you find yourself in."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Kakita Kyoumi wrote:"But I suppose you must take advantage of the moments you find yourself in."

"Kakita-sama, Art, is art, and art theory does not matter what style of art you chose to come from. Nor does the world seem to care what art someone who is talented brings into the world, as long as its brought." She shares a smile in return.

She pauses for a second, and then said, "If I find a Lapis in the wild, or in the Market, I can make a paint out of it, and make the most beautiful deep blue image I can imagine. Should a jeweller find it, he will make it the centre of his next broach. A carver may make a tiny statue of a Fortune or Dragon to give for good luck. Should you find it, perhaps you will see its beauty and write a Haiku or song. I suspect it would be to heavy for a kite, but perhaps you would find a way for that was well.

In any case, the beauty of the world has transformed and inspired something equally beautiful. Thus any artist has the potential to teach another."

She turns back the pottery for a moment, considering the pieces.
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:56 pm

"Could you do me a very great favor? We can arrange a trade of gifts, if you wish. Is there any way you would consider writing for us the combinations that create some of these new paints you use? So I can take them back to the Academy with me? So those who are painters can, potentially, learn from them, as you say?"
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Tsuruchi Mao wrote:"I have never been yojimbo, for obvious reasons. But I do know something about the uses of drawing the eye towards or away from something. Thank you for the reminder."

"Think nothing of it, Tsuruchi-san.I tell myself that I indulge in the sartorial variety I do because tailors must eat as well as farmers or samurai, but I must also freely own that I simply enjoy it as well."

Isawa Koyo

Postby Isawa Koyo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:31 pm

'Mamoru-san' is here the whole time, keeping Akiko in sight and remaining alert. He is quite obviously not listening to the actual conversation, though.
Phoenix Clan • Ambassador • Shugenja • Earth • Fire • Jade • Hero of the People • Soul of Asako Maemuki
Isawa Mon inside a Torii Gate, Servant: Asako Baekho, 19/M

As of Day 21, Koyo is now a Jade Magistrate and Sensei.

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”