[Day 23 EA] Ladies' Day Out part 2

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Moshi Janisha

Re: [Day 23 EA] Ladies' Day Out part 2

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:03 am

Kakita Kyoumi wrote:"So I can take them back to the Academy with me? So those who are painters can, potentially, learn from them, as you say?"

Janisha's looks surprised and bows very low to the Crane, "You honour me greatly to make me such an offer. I have a knowledge of crafting the dyes and paints I use, and can actually list proportions and ingredients for most of them. At least one colour is not mine to give however, but is instead a secret of the Yodatai. Appart from that, however all I know I am willing to share."

She pauses in thought, "With some help from Konjo-sama and Naofumi-sama, I may even be able to get a sample of the plants used in such colours, if that appeals to you. I am not sure how much you are able to take back to Crane lands, so if I manage that it would have to be a small sample."
•Colonial Mantis • Disturbing Countenance (unhealthy pale skin) • Gaijin Name •
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 am

Moshi Janisha wrote:"You honour me greatly to make me such an offer. I have a knowledge of crafting the dyes and paints I use, and can actually list proportions and ingredients for most of them. At least one colour is not mine to give however, but is instead a secret of the Yodatai. Appart from that, however all I know I am willing to share."

"I don't ask for any secrets...just what is easy to write." She hesitates. "And if it would pleas Konjo-sama to provide a sample, then that would be excellent, though I do not know what will grow here." She shakes her head. "I do not think we shall necessarily change our art around this...but...there will need to be ways for these things to be side by side while keeping the traditions strong. We will find those ways."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:17 am

Janisha nods, "I could not tell you what would or wouldn't grow either, but likely it wouldn't be much. Rice and Tea are really the only plants that grow equally well in both Zogeku and Rokugan. And that I suspect is more a sign of how important those plants are and the divine favour that shines upon them.

But I wasn't talking about live plants for that would be far to much. Just perhaps the petals from some flowers, the wood from some trees, and similar such items. Simple things you actually make the paint from, rather then the tree that grows them."

Kakita Kyoumi wrote:"She shakes her head. "I do not think we shall necessarily change our art around this...but...there will need to be ways for these things to be side by side while keeping the traditions strong. We will find those ways."

Janisha didn't seem to mind the Kakita's words, for her happiness doesn't fade, "Rokugan is currently changing how they think about art by your own words. Perhaps what I give will help. Perhaps it will not. Perhaps the art critics of Rokugan will dismiss the traditions of Zogeku, find them having nothing to teach Rokugan. This is all possible.

But you give this one a chance to share her knowledge with Kakita and Shiba Artisans. You give the colours of Zogeku a chance to be judged by those who are considered the best artists in Rokugan. That my words maybe seen by a master Artisan, that they potentially could give someone a new idea. That is honour enough, Kakita-sama."

She hesitates for a second then said, "There was a time, before it became clear my path did not lie in that direction, that my duty was not that of an Artisan, that I would have loved to one day stand in the halls of the Academy and learn from the Sensei within. Perhaps it is silly, but the fact my words will reach them, even if I will not....its more then I could have hoped or dreamed of.

These are why you honour me, Kakita-sama. Some dreams are small, and are better that way."
As of day 29, her skin colour is now pale, like she has never seen a day of sunlight, with a slightly unhealthy pallor to it
Description

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:24 am

Moshi Janisha wrote:These are why you honour me, Kakita-sama. Some dreams are small, and are better that way."

Kyoumi bows with understanding. "My guardian would have liked to speak with you." After a moment, she adds, "As for small dreams...it's strange, sometimes, how big you have to dream in order to reach the smallest ones, sometimes. But I understand what you mean. I will carry your words there. If they are ready on [Day 25] I can return with them."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Isawa Akiko

Postby Isawa Akiko » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 am

It seems an appropriate time to pour the tea for all the assembled ladies. And so, she does so. They're all welcome to come and take a cup at their leisure.
Isawa shugenja • dice shaker • perfect of posture • player of Shamisen • Servant: Asako Hanae 18/F
Phoenix decoration along sleeves, kawaru symbols along hem & secondary collar
Since day 15, wears woolen scarf of blue, white and grey geometric pattern

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Which Yukari promptly did.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Kyoumi accepts a cup of tea, taking a warm spot next to the kiln.
Appearance

Tsuruchi Mao

Postby Tsuruchi Mao » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Mao took a cup with a nod of thanks.
Nativist Mantis * Natural Ascetic

"Why can't I make arrows from this bamboo? Why else is it planted here?"

As of Day 13, carries a strip of black cloth in her obi upon which is stitched a kingfisher in blue and orange.

Moshi Janisha

Postby Moshi Janisha » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:31 pm

Seeing the opportunity to experience the heat of the Kiln again, Janisha bowed and graciously took a cup, before moving as close to the Kin wall as possible.
Description

Daigotsu Yukari

Postby Daigotsu Yukari » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:47 pm

Yukari actually stepped back and away from the kiln.

Comfort is dangerous.
Spider * Daigotsu Bushi * Honorary Rinjin
Wears a necklace with a pearl carved with a Spider mon.
"The Maw. Iuchiban. Kali-Ma. Fu Leng. We've killed them all. Forgive me if I'm not impressed by you."

Soul of Tonbo Taira/Isawa Taisho

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”