[Day 0: Mid Morning] Kites and laughter

One warm spot in the village this winter is Kenichi’s shop where a makeshift kiln is lit at all hours. The place is unmistakable by the wisps of smoke emanating from the backyard. Kenichi, cleverly, has decided to exploit the heat of his trade, and has set up a covered porch against the wall of the kiln room. It acts as a makeshift tavern, and has become a warm spot for social gatherings.
Kakita Kyoumi

Re: [Day 0: Mid Morning] Kites and laughter

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:58 pm

Kyoumi hides her expression by snapping a piece of twine off between her teeth. "I was unimportant enough to risk, skilled enough to...hopefully...not cause embarrassment, and healthy enough to survive the journey," she says simply and without embellishment.
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Well that was a less than smooth change of subject, Kenichi. For the first time in their conversation, Kenichi perhaps looks ever so slightly uncomfortable. He quickly composes himself.

"You are too modest, I am sure. Sensei are sometimes prone to letting their students believe such things in order that they do not become too arrogant, but given the acumen of the Crane, I find it highly unlikely you were sent as an 'inconsequential'." He looks over to the children playing with the kites. Some of them are looking over to where they are, pointing at Kyoumi and gesturing towards their kites enthusiastically.

"Some say we are living in changing times rather than dark times. Dark as they are, it is just part of a transition. The relations between our caste and our subjects is changing. It has been thus with the Sparrow for a long time, but I have heard it is so within the Last Legion. Perhaps your superiors have recognised you have a knack, no, a gift, for speaking to any audience."
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

From Day 12 he wears a necklace with a pearl bearing the Sparrow Clan mon.

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:32 pm

She allows the...shadowed...moment to pass swiftly by...leaving it with just that brief memory of discomfort. She smiles brightly again. "Again, you flatter me. I'd heard about Sparrow stories, but not how sweet their words were. But I apologize for troubling you. Times certainly are changing. And I think I may have a lot of people to speak to." She laughs aloud. "And my sensei always did say I could never stop talking."
Nightingale-sensei. Crane Court Poet. Aide to the Voice of the Emperor. Voice. Inner Blessing: Animal Ken.
Wears a necklace of silver and steel with an aquamarine cameo of a crane, a jade bead bracelet, and two iron rings with obsidian and jade.
Appearance

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:48 pm

Better Kenichi, better.

"I hope you take no offence when I say that such talents would make you very popular with my clan." Any trace of uncertainty passes and something of a smile returns to Kenichi's lips. "You do not trouble me, and what you see as my flattery I see as your modesty." He stops for a moment as an outburst of laughter from the children draws their attention. A brief gust of wind nearly takes one of the kites right out of the hands of the child flying it. After a moment of surprise, she deftly brings it under control.

"Do you already know people who will be attending court? You are lucky if you already have friends at court."
Emerald Spider * Sparrow Clan * Samurai * Duellist * Courtier * Yoriki * Voice * Storyteller * description * Soul of Mirumoto Shou

Kakita Kyoumi

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Kyoumi looks worried for a moment, then relieved as the kite is brought back under control. She lets the twine she's been working in her hands stop...her fingers have grown sore and each kite takes time to build. "I think I count...." she quickly counts the children playing with their kites..."One, two, three, four....." she gestures at them after she's counted, "That many friends at court so far. That's a start. And you? Do you travel alone or in a flock?"
Appearance

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:18 pm

"I travel alone. I thought I might have recognised someone leaving the noodle house as I made my way to the village. I will have to see if I can find them at court to confirm. It is possible that I might recognise one or two people at court, and I have been introduced to my fellow delegates, but for now, I have no known associates here at court."

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Megumi was hurrying along to her next meeting when she came upon the market place and a scene of delight, children laughing and playing with kites every color of the rainbow. She could not help but watch for a while, huddled in her purple, fur-trimmed coat. Though the somewhat older woman smiles at first, it gradually turns wistful and then sad, perhaps even pained.

That is, until she notices she is observed and her On snaps back. She regards the duo for a moment, quickly taking in their mon and approaches.

"Greetings, Kakita-sama, Suzume-san. Have you eaten rice today? I do hope I am not intruding, but I just had to extend my gratitude to Kakita-san."

Megumi offers the two others a bow, the one to young artisan just a tad deeper.

"It is a wonderful gesture and a good reminder what it is we are fighting for." She turns to look at the children once more, smiling. "A future and a world worth living in, for them." She takes in the sight before her for just a moment longer before turning to her companions once more. "I am Shinjo Megumi and I am honored to make your acquaintance."
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Suzume Kenichi

Postby Suzume Kenichi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Kenichi gets to his feet. He bows a deep and respectful bow. As he rises, he makes introductions. "An honour to make your acquaintance, Shinjo Megumi-sama. I have had the pleasure of witnessing the kite making skills of Kakita Kyoumi-sama, as well as hearing some of her eloquent stories. My name is Suzume Kenichi of the Sparrow Clan. I have been asked to represent the Emerald Spider at this year's court."
Last edited by Suzume Kenichi on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kakita Kyoumi

[Day 0: MidDay] Kites and laughter

Postby Kakita Kyoumi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:18 pm

Kyoumi also jumps up and bows very courteously to the Unicorn. It is hard to believe that she and the Sparrow have been talking so long already. She straightens. "No...no...not intruding at all. Kenichi-san just saw fit to offer me some company, and I would gladly welcome yours. The children are too busy now to chat. Besides," she shivers a little. "The kiln is nice and warm. My name is Kakita Kyoumi. I....cannot even say how long it has been since I have had the honor of meeting a member of the Unicorn clan. Did you just arrive?"
Appearance

Shosuro Megumi

Postby Shosuro Megumi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:03 pm

"Ah, yes, our delegation arrived yesterday. And allow me to share in your trepidation, Kakita-san, it has been quite a while for me as well since I had the opportunity to converse with members of the other Clans. I assure you I am glad of the opportunity however."

Megumi turns to Kenichi looking genuinely interested.

"The Emerald Spider, you say? How very interesting! I have heard of your Clan's efforts to cleanse Otosan-Uchi. Such a feat inspires hope, a rare commodity these days. I commend you for that."
Shinjo Megumi • "Unicorn" Clan • Courtier • Loremaster • Shugenja • Air
As of day 12 wears a necklace with a star sapphire with a Unicorn mon. As of day 21 she is a Jade Magistrate.

Return to “Five Ringed Pottery”